Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 12:42 PM

2 posts, read 8,462 times

Advertisements

I am pondering a move from Seattle to Denver or Boulder. How is the dating scene for people in their 30's and 40's in Denver or Boulder? Are there many down to earth and non-materialistic women in the metro area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 01:38 PM

581 posts, read 2,306,840 times
Oh my God this should be a sticky.. I see the same question every 2-3 weeks.

In a nutshell, the women clean up here. At the Bars (both downtown and
in the Tech Center) the men always outnumber the women 20 to 1. As a
single guy, I never bother with the bars since the ratio is so bad. I can
attest to the nickname of "Menver" being extremely accurate.

I lived in Seattle 1995-2002 and must say the bars were more like 60/40
Men to Women there. Much more workable odds in Seattle. I would say
Denver (Menver) and San Jose (ManJose) are the worst metros for single
men. I would gladly move back to Seattle for the dating scene alone.
(I've lived in 11 metros due to following the job market)

If you want a dating life and you are a guy I would not move here. I miss
the 50/50 ratio of Los Angeles and keep looking for a transfer back to SoCal
but in this economy Jobs are not to be found anywhere so I stay put with
my current job in Denver. Ask others here. If they are men, they will
vouch for what I am saying.. Maybe the moderator will sticky this thread
to save all the guys contemplating a move to Denver from a disastrous
singles scene..

Old 11-09-2009, 01:43 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,506 times
you're post cracks me up, Tom...are you being sarcastic? there's no way its that bad for all of you men in Denver..I mean, excuse me.."Menver"..I guarantee you guys can step into a 2-step class and the ratio will work in your favor..as a dancer..I can vouch for that! or take up horse back riding..lots of females ride horses..some competitively too...you never know!

Old 11-09-2009, 01:52 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
How do I keep getting dates every weekend

My last one was Saturday. Look towards the suburbs, boys.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:33 PM

581 posts, read 2,306,840 times
No I was serious.. The Bar Scene ratio is 20:1. Most guys don't care for dance classes or
horseback riding. And you wouldn't catch me dead at either one. I'd rather live in a city where
women were abundantly available in everyday life as well as at the bars.. nuff said..

Old 11-09-2009, 04:13 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,506 times
I find that ratio really hard to believe. but there's always moving as an option!

Old 11-10-2009, 02:30 PM

360 posts, read 1,126,392 times
[quote]I'd rather live in a city where
women were abundantly available in everyday life as well as at the bars..quote]

It's called FantasyLand!

Old 11-10-2009, 06:58 PM

68 posts, read 129,654 times
First of all, I intend to keep this post CIVIL. With that being said, SADLY, VERY SADLY, the entire state of Colorado is nothing but I total dude fest. What alot of the guys have said about Denver is also true down here in Colorado Springs. I sincerely hope that I get accepted into UT-Austin or UNC-Chapel hill in N.C. for this very reason. I will truly miss Colorado's beautiful topography. However, I WILL NOT miss never being able to meet single ladies and be a normal straight guy such as myself. I truly don't understand why some folks on this board get so defensive whenever someone brings up the topic of Denver being "Menver" [ mod cut ] that it truly is. I really do wish that there was a dating scene here in Colorado (oh I almost forgot, there is for single straight women), but alas, there is not. If there were one I wouldn't be moving next year!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-10-2009 at 07:37 PM..

Old 11-10-2009, 10:16 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,710,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric81 View Post
First of all, I intend to keep this post CIVIL. With that being said, SADLY, VERY SADLY, the entire state of Colorado is nothing but I total dude fest. What alot of the guys have said about Denver is also true down here in Colorado Springs. I sincerely hope that I get accepted into UT-Austin or UNC-Chapel hill in N.C. for this very reason. I will truly miss Colorado's beautiful topography. However, I WILL NOT miss never being able to meet single ladies and be a normal straight guy such as myself. I truly don't understand why some folks on this board get so defensive whenever someone brings up the topic of Denver being "Menver" [ mod cut ] that it truly is. I really do wish that there was a dating scene here in Colorado (oh I almost forgot, there is for single straight women), but alas, there is not. If there were one I wouldn't be moving next year!

You will definitely have success there, dude.

In the almost three years I lived in Charlotte, NC, the single women overflow like shoals of fish I bet it's pretty much the case across NC.

Can you imagine I moved into the country and scored? You will have much better chances compared to me. Of course, it didn't last. If the economy had not nosedived, I'd be the happiest man in the world right now in good old Charlotte

Old 11-11-2009, 03:36 PM

6 posts, read 25,524 times
I just wanted to note the irony that a female started this thread wondering about her chances of dating in Denver and it's become a mostly male dominated thread.

I've been weighing my options for moving to Denver and you guys truly make it sound like a utopia for me.

Take care!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver