U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 10:34 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,499,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Lol at the dating sites suggestion! you guys are too much!

Antlered: she was probably flattered

happy thanksgiving!
Well, we still cross paths every once in a while and make eye contact. It starts and ends in a smile and I just flee the scene ASAP

She's an extremely fit female with muscles, tv worthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 12:15 AM

4,868 posts, read 7,348,292 times
lol exactly my point! its probably the look she's going for so if it scares some men off, she's doing something right!..creepy, but some women like looking like men.

Old 11-27-2009, 12:35 AM

3,448 posts, read 2,672,806 times
Take it from me, women want what they think their not good enough for , whatever good enough is in their life.
So don't bother acting like your "good enough" you gotta act and believe your basically the cats meow and really too good for everybody.
You'll catch many tomatoes this way and then can date and choose a special...
"not good enough for you girlfriend or spouse"
Yes thats right ...you must believe and maintain the basic ...your the lucky duck
personna or your history as she will think as women don't ussually do that she has conquered you and your the one thats not good enough.
Marriages and relationships are a tricky thing for slow folks and I hope this will help . Its important to get the family thing going for societys stability and from what Ive been noticing the guys are going either too wimpy or too overbearing good luck
and follow your new "Too Good For You " way of life and hopefully society will start to improve. Maybe II'l write a book .

Old 11-27-2009, 01:34 AM

68 posts, read 106,296 times
I'm sorry folks, but the bottom line is the fact that FEMALES in the state of Colorado are some of the most UNFRIENDLY and UNAPPROACHABLE human beings that I have ever been around in my life and I mean that! Mike, I'm not trying to start trouble here, but I feel that it would be wrong for me to try and sugarcoat the truth about women in this state. I cannot wait to move to Texas where the women will actually smile and talk to you when you are friendly with them and try to strike up a conversation. Folks, I go to the gym, "bar" type restaurants such as Chilis/TX roadhouse, downtown bars, etc and all of the women here have that stupid SoCal attitude/vibe that "says" you're not good enough for me to talk to you. Seriously, these people (at least in my opinion) need to take both themselves and their stuck up fake/plastic attitudes back to LA, San Diego, or where ever else in CA that they hail from. Now, I'm not saying that the southeast doesn't have its share of issues such as racism and whatnot. Sure there are racist folks back home in the southeast, but at least the women there are friendly and will actually acknowledge you when you smile at them and try to start convesations with them unlike women/people here.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 26 days ago)

10,891 posts, read 29,338,995 times
I don't think you should group all FEMALES into one basket.

Pick up women at Chili's? Seriously?

Go to The Stampede or another popular local bar with live music.

Better yet stop going to bars to find women. I think we are smarter than that.

You should volunteer, find your passion, women are much more approachable when you already have something in common.

I promised myself I would never look to find a guy in a bar again, too many alcoholics can be found in bars. I am not much of a drinker. I do not think a person is more attractive when they "do shots" or slur words.

Good luck in Texas.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:57 AM

Bro, I was "actually" in CO Springs yesterday. I was volunteering for a thanksgiving meal thing run by some protestant folks I know.

I met so many friendly women, young and old. I even thought of this whole CO Springs thing for a second. Something does not add up

Old 11-27-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
I don't think you should group all FEMALES into one basket.

Pick up women at Chili's? Seriously?

Go to The Stampede or another popular local bar with live music.

Better yet stop going to bars to find women. I think we are smarter than that.

You should volunteer, find your passion, women are much more approachable when you already have something in common.

I promised myself I would never look to find a guy in a bar again, too many alcoholics can be found in bars. I am not much of a drinker. I do not think a person is more attractive when they "do shots" or slur words.

Good luck in Texas.
It's funny you said that when I was actually typing it

Old 11-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 26 days ago)

10,891 posts, read 29,338,995 times
I am not divorced yet (I know it's the longest 90 days in history) so I am not ready for a new relationship. But my marital status does not stop me from evaluating the potential.

I have met a guys on CL, at the off leash dog park, and at the movie theater.

I will be looking for a guy with a sense of humor, and ease, likes baseball, who can bowl, in his 40's.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:23 AM

4,267 posts, read 5,300,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric81 View Post
I'm sorry folks, but the bottom line is the fact that FEMALES in the state of Colorado are some of the most UNFRIENDLY and UNAPPROACHABLE human beings that I have ever been around in my life and I mean that! Mike, I'm not trying to start trouble here, but I feel that it would be wrong for me to try and sugarcoat the truth about women in this state. I cannot wait to move to Texas where the women will actually smile and talk to you when you are friendly with them and try to strike up a conversation. Folks, I go to the gym, "bar" type restaurants such as Chilis/TX roadhouse, downtown bars, etc and all of the women here have that stupid SoCal attitude/vibe that "says" you're not good enough for me to talk to you. Seriously, these people (at least in my opinion) need to take both themselves and their stuck up fake/plastic attitudes back to LA, San Diego, or where ever else in CA that they hail from. Now, I'm not saying that the southeast doesn't have its share of issues such as racism and whatnot. Sure there are racist folks back home in the southeast, but at least the women there are friendly and will actually acknowledge you when you smile at them and try to start convesations with them unlike women/people here.
Erik, All of your posts are about how the women in Colorado are stuck up b****** and that when you try to smile or gaze at them in public places, they ignore you. Maybe they are married or in a relationship or are just trying to take care of their business and get home or maybe your preconceived notions about them mixed with your negativity and desperation are creeping them out. People are very perceptive and can pick up on all of that. I have lived in many parts of the country and while I agree that Colorado is not the friendliest, it's also far from the least friendly place. Good luck in TX.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:15 AM

68 posts, read 106,296 times
[quote=yodi;11794471]Erik, All of your posts are about how the women in Colorado are stuck up b****** and that when you try to smile or gaze at them in public places, they ignore you. Maybe they are married or in a relationship or are just trying to take care of their business and get home or maybe your preconceived notions about them mixed with your negativity and desperation are creeping them out. People are very perceptive and can pick up on all of that. I have lived in many parts of the country and while I agree that Colorado is not the friendliest, it's also far from the least friendly place. Good luck in TX.[/QUOTE

I used to work with a guy who was a native Coloradoan who stated that he briefly lived in Dallas and couldn't believe how friendly the women and people in general were in Texas. He said that he thought that quote "Coloradoans are a*******". Sadly, after living here since 2005, I have to agree with him on that comment. Also, you state that the women that DO NOT smile at me might already be married or be in relationships. That may very well be true, but it also tells me that there ARE NOT any available singles in the city of Colorado Springs and the state of CO in general. That also tells me that all of the women here are FROM OUT OF STATE, get married OUT OF STATE, and then the all of these newly wed couples decide to move to Colorado. Heck, for all of you Colorado women reading this I encourage you to take a trip to Nashville, Raleigh, Dallas, etc. and then you will see first hand how normal friendly women conduct themselves in public places. I honestly cannot wait to leave this place. One more semester and I'm out of this hell hole state!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or