Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 03:22 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
I don't live there(yet).. Been there a halfdozen times researching my moves, but my travels haven't taken me into areas with stucco(can't afford custom built and no desire for urban settings, so maybe thats why with ares like cherry creek, wash park, and stapleton being mentioned as having stucco) combined with whatever I was told about it previously by realtor/whoever it was. Honest mistake.
I rarely get out of my urban Denver bubble, so probably semi-ignorant as to what's way out in the 'burbs. Actually, brick seems to have been used primarily on houses up until about the '60s. Many older ranch houses here are brick. I'd just hate to have wood siding ever again after dealing with all the sraping and painting every few years.

I believe most, if not all, new houses built in and around Denver that appear to have the horizontal (lap board?) siding are actually sided with that hardy board siding that's some manufactured mixture of cement and wood. It looks good and holds paint well. My house has a combo of this siding and brick, and the paint still looks as good as the day it went on almost 4 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 03:27 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabolissa View Post
One more question... What would commute times be from this area (80016) to the Tech Center? To downtown? Of course, I'm only interested in rush hour. Thanks in advance.
Mission Viejo is actually 80013. I'm guessing by "this area"/80016 you mean eastern Centennial/ SE Aurora? Commute depends a lot on exactly where you're going, whether or not you take E-470, and how close you are to the three major access points, connecting this part of town to the rest of the metro: either Parker/Arapahoe (major bottleneck intersection that connects pretty much all Centennial Airport/Tech Center bound traffic to 80015, 80016, and north Parker), Parker/225 (closest interchange to this area connecting you to the freeway system, also the location of 9mile park and ride if you use the light rail), or Smoky Hill (or Quincy)/E-470 (toll road interchange).

If your "Tech Center" office location was near I-25 and Lincoln, County Line, or Dry Creek, and you lived near Smoky Hill/E-470, the commute could take as little as 15 minutes using E-470. I'd give yourself 30-35 minutes to get from, say Saddle Rock to Arapahoe Rd/ I-25 area, driving straight down Arapahoe Rd, during the worst of traffic. I would give yourself a solid hour, plus or minus (depending on how close you are to either I-225 or E-470), to drive from SE Aurora to downtown, in normal traffic but no usual conditions, plus time it takes to park & walk to your destination. Light rail is another convenient option, saves the annoyance of downtown parking, but I've found it's not necessarily any faster than driving. The light rail ride from 9 mile Park & Ride to downtown takes about 40-45 minutes, plus 10 minutes or so to park, buy the ticket, and wait for the train, plus the time it takes you to drive there. Also sometimes the Park & Ride garage fills up completely and soon they will start charging to park there.

Last edited by vegaspilgrim; 01-12-2009 at 03:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver