U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-30-2010, 03:28 PM
 
5,090 posts, read 13,557,318 times
Reputation: 6928

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry View Post
I don't own a dog but the lack of dog parks really **** me off for a community with so many dogs and dog friendly businesses.
If people can afford a dog and multiple dogs, they can afford to fund a private park. Since you are so annoyed, be proactive and be an entrepreneur; get some land and open and private fee based dog park. It could be like a country club for dogs and dog lovers. You can sell all kinds of other services, like a dog wash, dog kennel, vet services and all the assorted expensive foods and gadgets. You can have your own signature brand of dog food. You can have an on site restaurant and lounge overlooking the dog park--you can make big bucks selling high priced food and drinks to dog fanciers. Of course, the restaurant would be opened for pets where even higher priced dog snacks are sold.

You can franchise it and go national. Charge a membership fee and people wherever they travel with their dog, can access your local park. You can get rights for airports, hospitals and establish a mini-dog park for dog travelers and those who visit the sick.

Let us not forget the municipal dog parks. You can have a separate division and contract to run and maintain these parks. Or better yet, we can close these down and allow private industry to do what it does best--make money.

You can sport or entertainment personality to market your dog parks; for many people will buy whatever a famous or infamous person tells them.

I just got carried away. What a wonderful suggestion! BOW WOW!


Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 05-30-2010 at 03:38 PM..

 
Old 05-31-2010, 09:47 PM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,306,894 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRScott View Post
I love the weather here so far. I love the outdoor lifestyle and all of the mountain culture that goes along with it. Coming from Kansas City I'm pretty sick of the rain and have enjoyed the Colorado sunshine. Also, the city seems to be pretty young. Not sure where they're stashing all the older folk but I just dont see as many here as I did in KC.
I grew up in KC so I know what you're talking about! I went back to KC three summers ago and couldn't stand it. It was so humid and miserable, plus all the bugs. YUK! Here the summer is near perfect with great weather to be outdoors, and the air doesn't stink like a wet, moldy blanket. Winter is cold in Denver, but seriously feels better than KC. People in KC think Denver has blizzards for 6 months and is buried in 8' of snow all winter lol!
 
Old 05-31-2010, 09:50 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
5,608 posts, read 20,732,813 times
Reputation: 5347
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I grew up in KC so I know what you're talking about! I went back to KC three summers ago and couldn't stand it. It was so humid and miserable, plus all the bugs. YUK! Here the summer is near perfect with great weather to be outdoors, and the air doesn't stink like a wet, moldy blanket. Winter is cold in Denver, but seriously feels better than KC. People in KC think Denver has blizzards for 6 months and is buried in 8' of snow all winter lol!
Which metro area do you think one would have an easier time trying to find a job right now-- Denver metro or KC metro?
 
Old 06-01-2010, 01:05 PM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,306,894 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Which metro area do you think one would have an easier time trying to find a job right now-- Denver metro or KC metro?
I have no idea... I suppose whichever place has the lowest unemployment rate right now, but I don't think they're that far apart. I have a friend there whose daughter just graduated from college and she can't find a job in the KC area, so is looking elsewhere. But that's just one person's story. I know people in Denver who've found jobs in the past year after being unemployed, then I know several architects who've been out of work much longer than I have.
 
Old 06-01-2010, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,241 posts, read 24,454,663 times
Reputation: 13011
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I have no idea... I suppose whichever place has the lowest unemployment rate right now, but I don't think they're that far apart.
Denver: 8.5%
Kansas City: 9.3%
 
Old 06-02-2010, 04:12 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
1,627 posts, read 3,721,583 times
Reputation: 1778
Kansas City proper makes downtown Denver look like Chicago...

...or wait...maybe that's "Chicago makes Denver look like Downtown Kansas City..."

I never could get that right...
 
Old 06-02-2010, 05:42 AM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
1,823 posts, read 1,650,481 times
Reputation: 780
Nothing .. never been there ..so '' No Comments '' *wink*wink*
 
Old 06-03-2010, 02:21 AM
 
6 posts, read 10,337 times
Reputation: 25
isolation, bad skin, blinding sun (don't dare forget your sunglasses year round), brown cloud, lack of O2 makes you tired sometimes, extreme weather, horrible drivers, rising taxes, wanna-be Lance Armstrongs taking up the road thinking they are cars, no real sense of community, track housing with small lots, allergies, chain restaurants, boring downtown, on the plains, lack of vegetation & trees...worst of all is the diehard lifers who think it's the best place to live on earth-you can tell them from their skin. On the good side, we have good sports teams, a decent economy, relatively low crime, not too far from the mountains...but lots of traffic jams on weekends in the winter months...don't think for a minute that Denver offers you a life "in the mountains" and pretty decent people.
 
Old 06-03-2010, 03:08 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
1,627 posts, read 3,721,583 times
Reputation: 1778
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewitchedgirl View Post
...wanna-be Lance Armstrongs taking up the road thinking they are cars...
So long as they obey the rules of the road and stop at stop signs, I don't have a problem with them Bicyclists get legal use of roads, too.

On the other hand, it is a gripe thread, and there are a lot of cyclists here...
 
Old 06-03-2010, 11:03 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,306,894 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewitchedgirl View Post
isolation, bad skin, blinding sun (don't dare forget your sunglasses year round), brown cloud, lack of O2 makes you tired sometimes, extreme weather, horrible drivers, rising taxes, wanna-be Lance Armstrongs taking up the road thinking they are cars, no real sense of community, track housing with small lots, allergies, chain restaurants, boring downtown, on the plains, lack of vegetation & trees...worst of all is the diehard lifers who think it's the best place to live on earth-you can tell them from their skin. On the good side, we have good sports teams, a decent economy, relatively low crime, not too far from the mountains...but lots of traffic jams on weekends in the winter months...don't think for a minute that Denver offers you a life "in the mountains" and pretty decent people.
Tell us what you really think

I get comments on my nice skin, but then I sleep next to a humidifier, use sunblock and moisturizer every day, don't smoke, and stay out of the sun if possible. Everyone here isn't some shriveled up prune! I disagree that downtown is boring... try going to the downtown of other cities in the U.S. and you'll find Denver nicer than average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top