U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-15-2009, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Thornton
402 posts, read 1,133,214 times
Reputation: 153

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-15-2009, 12:59 PM
 
5,748 posts, read 10,747,858 times
Reputation: 4502
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The conservative town thread was spam and all 12 posts were deleted, as it was reported as such.
Thanks. I must have missed that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 01:19 PM
 
16,514 posts, read 20,928,495 times
Reputation: 47909
Zionvier has it right. Put stink bait on that line and they say "Come To Papa"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
3,530 posts, read 8,725,224 times
Reputation: 840
omg, I LOVE #3!!!!!! That's my new response.


Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The conservative town thread was spam and all 12 posts were deleted, as it was reported as such.

Wanto, whenever people ask me why we have no kids, they get one of three responses from me:
  1. Do they cost more than 500.00?
  2. Because I'd be a really bad parent.
  3. No thanks, we have plenty in the freezer.
I get weird looks, but they don't bug me no more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 02:32 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
5,608 posts, read 20,683,196 times
Reputation: 5338
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzimmerman View Post
Jeez, I get annoyed at myself when I rise to their bait.
I know what you mean. Especially last night when FunkyMonk (who isn't really a troll per se) starting a trolling thread with the sole purpose of expressing negativity. Then I responded to it with my own criticisms, feeding the crap.

There's a handful of extremely annoying, hate-filled, worthless posters on the Denver and Colorado forums who I've had to put on my ignore list just to prevent myself getting worked up with their garbage. That's how I recommend dealing with their crap-- ignore 'em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 02:51 PM
 
Location: Governor's Park/Capitol Hill, Denver, CO
1,536 posts, read 5,512,775 times
Reputation: 1131
Good advice VegasPilgrim, it is like the road ragger in the car behind you, just don't look in your mirrors and they will disappear. They will either zoom around you or continue to rage and drive themselves crazy. You only let them get to you by choice, choose to ignore them.

Most of our trolls just didn't like it in Colorado or Denver for whatever reason and feel compelled to make everyone else agree with them. Most, based on their other posts, are alcoholics looking for their next party/drink, bad real estate agents who couldn't turn a profit, clumsy folks who can't walk on ice, jerks that complain that they can't make friends here, children who think they are world travels when then have only been to Milwaukee and back, habitual complainers who will be miserable wherever they are, and just like a troll - fat, smelly, hairy and cranky.

Basically through attrition, we are much better as a city and state without them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 03:32 PM
 
Location: The 719
14,506 posts, read 22,364,566 times
Reputation: 13811
I'm glad you guys can be so hollier than thou. Have a drink on me.

It's just a forum. Life goes on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
3,530 posts, read 8,725,224 times
Reputation: 840
Hey, what's wrong with looking for your next drink? (of soda water of course).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
5,608 posts, read 20,683,196 times
Reputation: 5338
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAztec View Post
Good advice VegasPilgrim, it is like the road ragger in the car behind you, just don't look in your mirrors and they will disappear. They will either zoom around you or continue to rage and drive themselves crazy. You only let them get to you by choice, choose to ignore them.

Most of our trolls just didn't like it in Colorado or Denver for whatever reason and feel compelled to make everyone else agree with them. Most, based on their other posts, are alcoholics looking for their next party/drink, bad real estate agents who couldn't turn a profit, clumsy folks who can't walk on ice, jerks that complain that they can't make friends here, children who think they are world travels when then have only been to Milwaukee and back, habitual complainers who will be miserable wherever they are, and just like a troll - fat, smelly, hairy and cranky.

Basically through attrition, we are much better as a city and state without them!
Good post! We all know who each of the above are. Those folks I get a good laugh out of, but aren't the ones on my ignore list. Unfortunately the people at the top of my ignore list, even worse than the trolls referred to above, are (or at least claim to be) current CO residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 26 days ago)
 
Location: Just south of Denver since 1989
10,892 posts, read 29,338,995 times
Reputation: 7095
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Good post! We all know who each of the above are. Those folks I get a good laugh out of, but aren't the ones on my ignore list. Unfortunately the people at the top of my ignore list, even worse than the trolls referred to above, are (or at least claim to be) current CO residents.
Are we allowed to share our ignore list? May I use yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:32 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top