U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 02:27 PM

4 posts, read 33,169 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about working in Lakewood. I don't want to commute too far. We have 3 young boys and need plenty of space/parks, etc. We are living in Utah. We need good schools. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 28 days ago)

10,892 posts, read 29,346,101 times
Where in Lakewood?

Old 01-20-2009, 02:49 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,037,832 times
Live in Lakewood. Seriously; not being flippant. There are quite a few areas in and just around Lakewood that will meet your needs. Depending on where you are working in Lakewood and what you want that commute to look like, WheatRidge, Lakewood Proper, Highlands Ranch, even Golden or Denver proper.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:57 PM

4 posts, read 33,169 times
The office is 143 Union Blvd, Lakewood.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 28 days ago)

10,892 posts, read 29,346,101 times
Look in Green Mountain - you'll love the walk/drive to work. Other places besides Lakewood; Applewood, Wheat Ridge, Golden.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:03 PM

60 posts, read 446,367 times
Default Yes, look at Green Mountain!

We just love it. Schools are pretty good. Devinney Elementary is great! Dunstan middle school is pretty good also. We have some great open spaces. Jefferson County has more open spaces and parks then any other county. You can ski Loveland/A-Basin/Winter Park and get there in about one hour. We drove to Loveland in 44 minutes a few weeks ago! Check out the pic's! Yes, that's our back yard. We have elk,deer,coyote and red fox all the time! It was 68 degrees here today and just awesome. From our house to that Union address is maybe 3 or 4 miles. Union has some good restaurants. You have to try Jose O'shea's. Great Mexican food!
Attached Thumbnails
Working in Lakewood - where to live?-100_5660.jpg   Working in Lakewood - where to live?-100_5632.jpg   Working in Lakewood - where to live?-100_5654.jpg  

Old 01-26-2009, 12:11 PM

291 posts, read 806,166 times
Green Mountain would sure be close. You didn't mention your price range so it's hard to target it for you. Most of Lakewood is comprised of older ranches. Applewood is a good suggestion with nice sized yards however may of these need up-dating, but it's a good strong community. There are some cool locations around Maple Grove Resevoir. Sixth Avenue Estates would also be a good choice. This is an area of customs and semi-customs. There are also some great places west and south of Golden. Again, it all depends on your price range.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:37 PM

65 posts, read 169,523 times
Green Mountain is where I live and I chose it because A) great schools B) close to mountains C) close to downtown D) views of downtown from many of the homes E) large lots F) many of the houses are brick. If you get over into Golden/Arvada you have horse smell from Westernaires alternating with beer smell from Coors. I have lived here 17 years now, grew up here and moved back to raise my own kids. If you can get a house that feeds into Devinny Elementary that's the best elem. school. Oh yeah, and in Green Mountain Village no covenants or HOAs.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:42 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,294,892 times
Jefferson County has lots of nice neighborhoods and is quicker to Boulder, mountains, and not too bad to downtown on the weekends. Plenty of mall shopping if you like it, but the neighborhoods are a bit older and more established feeling. If you want the younger urban scene, look closer to the west side of Denver, if you are west of Federal the prices are still reasonable but you have access to lots of young hip things to do. Have fun.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:55 AM

18 posts, read 53,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buona sera View Post
Green Mountain is where I live and I chose it because A) great schools B) close to mountains C) close to downtown D) views of downtown from many of the homes E) large lots F) many of the houses are brick. If you get over into Golden/Arvada you have horse smell from Westernaires alternating with beer smell from Coors. I have lived here 17 years now, grew up here and moved back to raise my own kids. If you can get a house that feeds into Devinny Elementary that's the best elem. school. Oh yeah, and in Green Mountain Village no covenants or HOAs.

sorry, just browsing, but ummm, whats a "covenant and an HOA?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or