U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 04:29 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,008,600 times

Advertisements

Glass House is not a apartment complex-they are privately owned condos, but some people offer them for rent..for one of the rental co. that handle Glass House and other condo rentals in the Platte Valley go to East West Urban Management or check out craigslist...Commons Park west is considered Platte Valley not Highlands neighborhood ...Glass House studios and one bedrooms typically start at $1500 mo-$2800 mo. two bedrooms $2400-$4800 mo- they all have washers and dryers like you asked about..Commons Park West will be cheaper than Glass House--Glass House does have great ammenties though...I am currently renting my unit, one bedroom 720 sqft.at Glass House for $1650 --I rented my place two months ago..so that gives you an idea on relative price on that project..Again good luck with your search..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 10:51 PM

18 posts, read 154,240 times
I live at 1600 Glenarm Place and would recommend at least taking a look at it. They are running some pretty good specials right now - I think $3k credit on a studio lease, $4k credit on a 1 BR lease, and $6.5k credit on a 2 BR lease. Some of the places can be pretty pricey, but if you are looking for a studio or a 1 BR and can find something on one of the lower floors its probably not that bad.

They have prices listed on their website, but you might want to call and find out what the rent is because if I remember correctly those prices include valet parking, which is all that is offered here. I don't use the valet parking though as it's a little more than I want to pay ($250/month for outdoor and $380/month for indoor). I park at the Crowne Plaza which is 1.5 blocks away and is $137/month.

If I renewed my lease on my studio right now and got that $3k credit, I would be paying about $850/month for rent and utilities and $137/month for parking so you could be right downtown for around $1k/month, assuming you were willing to lease a studio. My place is pretty decent size for a studio as well (687 sq. ft).

Old 02-10-2009, 10:56 PM

18 posts, read 154,240 times
Oh and before I forget, if you decide to check out the place they do have referral bonuses for getting people to sign a new lease. Let me know (send me a PM) if you decide to come take a look and I'll give you my name. I'd be happy to split the bonus with you if you decide to live here.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:35 PM

30 posts, read 91,317 times
Thanks dave80jc! I looked at the website before my last trip and was discouraged by the rent prices. But next time I'm there I'll check it out and ask about rates without valet parking.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:16 AM

4 posts, read 13,058 times
dave, I have been very interested in checking out the 1600 Glenarm apts! However, I have been a little hesitant because of the high prices listed on their website. I took your advice and contacted them to see if the rent could be lowered by declining the valet parking. They have not gotten back to me as of yet but I will let everybody know what they say when they do finally contact me. I had a few questions for you about the building. First of all, I know that they accept pets, however, is there any place for them to relieve themselves outside of the building? I have tried to get the management to answer this question but they never will. Secondly, I have a read a lot of reviews that say if you live above a certain floor that the service elevator must be used and that it is a sight for sore eyes. Is this the truth? Finally, I have also heard that there is several other fees that are tacked onto your rent for administrations fees etc. I was wondering if that was true as well. I appreciate your time and any other information you wish to share about the building would be greatly accepted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver