U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 07:27 PM

24,839 posts, read 30,013,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangexpert View Post
Well most gangs so not commit crimes against the general public, but it can happen and average citizens can be caught in the middle of gang wars. I would recommend just to be looking over your shoulder mainly around the area of Marcy Park. This park is a very dangerous place mainly from 9pm until about 5am. Just be careful better safe then sorry and if you see any activity that you think could result in crimes or violence, immediatly get into a safe place and call the police.
I live near that park and go there with my kids. If there is any truth to this, please give me details and your sources. PM me if you want. I do see teens hanging around there after school, etc., and my husband saw a kid that appeared to be on drugs there not too long ago. Nothing I would call "gang" activity, though.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:32 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,012,159 times
I think I will take a late night jog through Marcy Park some evening soon--somehow I doubt i'll see too many menacing charactors..Who knows maybe i'll trip over a copy of Boyz in the Hood..My father lives in an area in SW. Denver that really is experiencing some true gang activity--we are having a meeting concerning this with DPD next week..I myself am very unafraid of these loser gang charactors moving into the city..It just makes me angry and more vigilant to stop their spread of activity.. However the mere thought of someone shaking in fear of Highlands Ranch gang bangers makes me laugh..
What's the next thread's title like this: "Boulder crips target Evergreen bloods on Pearl street mall"

Last edited by Scott5280; 02-05-2009 at 09:17 PM..

Old 02-05-2009, 09:48 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,438,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangexpert View Post
Ok well i spent 6 years as a pretty hard core Blood member and you should trust what i am saying. Most poeple do not see's what goes on at night time here now. Gang activity has increased here in the last 6 months.
hmmm.... 9 years old becoming a blood? ok, someone is pulling legs around here. And last I knew, you were blood for life, IE if you try to leave, they kill.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:48 AM

13,228 posts, read 24,345,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
"Boulder crips target Evergreen bloods on Pearl street mall"
Give it 20 or so years. LOL!

This thread is making me wonder....if this thread could be the precursor, or beginning if you will......of a mass exodus from Highlands Ranch to a suburb even further out from the center of the metro........thus continuing and expanding on the idea that is suburban sprawl.

Seriously though, all it will take is a story from 9News, some word of mouth at soccer practice and eventually Highlands Ranch will become the next Detroit.

Puh-leeze!

Last edited by Count David; 02-06-2009 at 04:49 AM.. Reason: grammar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver