Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:36 AM

12,262 posts, read 24,452,401 times

Advertisements

As far as big airports go I like DIA but personally I perfer to fly out of smaller airports and chage planes at the big ones......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 11:01 PM

565 posts, read 1,847,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown Den. View Post
Really you would rather go into ohare then Denver. Denver doesn't really have any delays. ohare almost evertime you are there, there is a delay. I would choose Denver any day over ohare.
Baggage loss is more important to me than possible delays in most cases.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
JD Power is a scam. When I was a flight attendant for America West Airlines, they rated us as #1. WHAT?!?!?!! It's only because we paid them. You can't be nominated unless you pay to be considered,...
Check the list of airports rated by JD Power. All medium to large airports were rated through customer surveys.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:42 AM

2,212 posts, read 5,151,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginhild View Post
Check the list of airports rated by JD Power. All medium to large airports were rated through customer surveys.

Not to beat a dead horse (or a evil blue mustang), but for every rating that DIA gets saying it stinks, there are others who think it's great. It recently won a travel industry award as one of the best and that's from people who fly frequently. Everyone's got an opinion of our airport, but I don't put too much stock in surveys and especially JD Powers. One of their ratings was low because it was inconvenient. That's a problem for some, but a blessing for others as it means zero encroachment.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:12 AM

1,536 posts, read 6,087,030 times
I was using DIA 3 to 4 times a month last year and my only complaint is parking during a two week business trip. It was either expensive to park close because the external lots were full or the weather could potentiall damage my car if left outside. Other then that, I love using DIA as I have had no delay flying out, never waited more then 20 minutes for security checks or beyond 3 minutes for a subway car to connect to the various terminals. I travel at all hours of the day and days of the week, sadly, including holidays. Baggage issues were only major when the airport first opened in 1995. I am knocking on wood as I type this, but compared to other airports, we have a gem. I do have to admit that I am constantly helping folks figure out that they need to take a train to various terminals or how to find out where to pick up their bags. So, it may not be easy for a first time user or someone who doesn't travel often. I have also learn to not smile so much, or act too friendly, during security checks as the friendly folks are the ones who get pulled aside for random searches. Being mistaken as middle eastern doesn't help much either. I am really looking forward to the light rail connection to the airport as this will solve my only slight dilemma with parking.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAztec View Post
... Baggage issues were only major when the airport first opened in 1995. I am knocking on wood as I type this,....
When I do use DIA, I drive up to Denver from Colorado Springs. I don't have baggage issues flying out or in to Denver or do others from Colorado Springs who I know. It only seems to be when we connect from Colorado Springs through Denver to somewhere else. Don't know why but connecting in other airports we don't have that problem.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:13 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,466,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
There is a policy at DIA that it should not take longer than 20 minutes to get through security. I read that somewhere and timed it myself on the day before Thanksgiving. The line looked like a Disneyland line...weaving back and forth about 25 times. Sure enough, 18 minutes later, I was on my way through one of the metal detectors. I watched a man standing above the security line with a radio and he was watching the line. He called and got 2 more lines open when the line started backing up past the ropes.
Except when they have a massive snowstorm that shuts down the airport for 2 days and when they reopen the security line is FOUR HOURS LONG! Information they failed to post on their website, broadcast on any TV news reports or tell people when they checked in. Otherwise, yes, the security line is pretty quick even when they are busy.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:48 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
I don't fly much anymore and I knock on wood for that. I'm sick of it and I like my own home and my own bed. I'm sick of hotels too, but I appreciate a nice one over a not so nice one;

Not-so-nice;

This was the entrance of a place I stayed for about 2.5 months

Here's a place I probably would never stay;

And here's a place I would stay again

So luggage; I find it to be more of a United Airlines thing and not so much a DIA or CoSprings Airport thing.

But when one of those places has my luggage after I make it there, I get in line immediately... I know the drill because this ain't my first rodeo... and fill out the paper and say take it to my home in Pueblo and put it in back of my truck, Chuck.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:49 PM

17 posts, read 50,526 times
I fly out of DIA practically every week and go all over the country. I actually love the airport especially when compared to most other airports. There are delays, but nothing like you'll ever experience in Chicago at O'hare. As for lost luggage, I've lost my fair share at O'Hare, it's inevitable anywhere you go so it's not just a DIA thing. I also like the Minneapolis airport, but many people don't. In short, if you have a direct comparison week in and week out, I think that it's easy to see DIA is one of the best out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver