Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,438 times

Advertisements

I am visiting Denver until Thursday August 9th and I am going tonight to visit the Bosnian Market in Lakewood this afternoon. I wouldn't mind meeting with people for coffee or something. I live in El Paso, TX and Bosnian population there besides me is 0. I am starting to forget my language so I want to meet people at least while I travel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 08:10 AM

59 posts, read 119,123 times
Yep, he is right. I lived in STL most my life and they basically took over the south side of down town? Fixed up a lot of homes, started businesses. Form what I seen 2001-2008.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:19 PM

1 posts, read 3,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreitzug View Post
Hi everyone, Does anyone know Albanians' or Kosovar in the Denver Area. I am origianally from Albanian, and wanting to connect with Albanians.

Stela.
I'am Albanian,I'm orginally from kosovo, i know a few albanian families in Denver Co i'd be more then happy to connect you with them

Old 01-20-2013, 03:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,247 times
There's a Bosnian mosque and cultural center in Lakewood: [url=http://www.bekcc.us/bekccslike.htm]Bekcc Slike -[/url] . Most of what other people have told you is absolutely correct. The area around Colorado Blvd and I-25 does have an eastern European feel to it. If you head north on CO Blvd past Evans on the east side of the road there's a strip mall with hookah cafes, restaurants, a grocery store...all things Arab but you might meet some European Muslims there on occasion too. VIP Hookah right on the Denver/Aurora border brings in an interesting crowd; I've met plenty of Armenians, Russians, Turks, Persians, and Arabs there-another place to look. The Middle East Market in Boulder sells some Bosnian and eastern European food. I know a few refugees who left Yugoslavia during the war and their first stop was the trailer parks or one housing project in Boulder called San Juan del Centro, but as with any group of people the Bosnian population is now more upwardly mobile. There's a place I wanna say is called the international restaurant in SE Denver that I went to for a friends wedding her husbands family had a connection to the place. There were a fair amount Chechens, Russians, Uzbeks, and Turks there. Again, not Bosnian, but it might be a place to check out...European Muslims can be more mild than some of our brothers and sisters from other parts of the world so we tend to stick together lol. Colorado is a pretty eclectic state...it's not really an old ethnic neighborhood kind of place. Even Chicago, the last time I visited where my family is from the neighborhood is changing. I think that's just how the states are. Best of luck to you!

Old 09-10-2015, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,661 times
Default still interested in the Balkan community?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajau View Post
What is the Bosnian community like in Denver? Is it large? Small? Do they tend to congregate together or are they spread out? Are there any special shops or restaurants in the Denver area that have Balkan foods like Burek? Do the Croatians, Bosnians, Serbs, etc. have their own sports teams (soccer/nogomet)?

I am Croatian and I live in Denver the community for Croatians is small but both the Bosnian and Serbian community is pretty big.

I have friends who are both Bosnian and Serbian we have concerts that we organize and have local singers come out.

If you are looking for a store the one off Colorado Blvd is very popular "East Europe Market" 4015 E Arkansas Ave, Denver, CO 80222 you can find our food, candy, chocolate, drinks etc they even make and serve Pita/Burek.

Some of the younger guys have put together soccer teams.

The Community is spread out through Denver, Aurora, Lakewood, Arvada, etc.

if you have any other questions let me know

Old 12-07-2016, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,318 times
Hello Stela. I'm looking for the same. I am albanian, just moved to Denver less than a year ago and really miss the albanian community. Glad there is at least one albanian other than myself here 

Old 10-03-2017, 10:17 AM

2 posts, read 4,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajau View Post
What is the Bosnian community like in Denver? Is it large? Small? Do they tend to congregate together or are they spread out? Are there any special shops or restaurants in the Denver area that have Balkan foods like Burek? Do the Croatians, Bosnians, Serbs, etc. have their own sports teams (soccer/nogomet)?
Hey do you live in Denver? I need some Balkanians people here if anyone knows anyone young that lives here? Thank youu

Old 10-03-2017, 10:19 AM

2 posts, read 4,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lida_Hrvatica View Post
I am Croatian and I live in Denver the community for Croatians is small but both the Bosnian and Serbian community is pretty big.

I have friends who are both Bosnian and Serbian we have concerts that we organize and have local singers come out.

If you are looking for a store the one off Colorado Blvd is very popular "East Europe Market" 4015 E Arkansas Ave, Denver, CO 80222 you can find our food, candy, chocolate, drinks etc they even make and serve Pita/Burek.

Some of the younger guys have put together soccer teams.

The Community is spread out through Denver, Aurora, Lakewood, Arvada, etc.

if you have any other questions let me know
Ejj ja sam djak na razmjeni i dosla sam u denver, sama sam pa bi mi prijalo drustvo sa nasih prostora (balkan) imam li neka stranica dje mogu da se saznaju desavanja? Hvalaa

Mod edit: English is the official language of this website, thus the bolded material translates from Croatian to this:
Hee I am student on Exchange and I've come to denver, I'm alone so I could use the company with our space (the Balkans), do I have some pages I can find out the girl of the moment? Hvalaa

Last edited by Mike from back east; 10-03-2017 at 10:40 AM..

Old 02-21-2018, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,999 times
I am coming from Caribbean, to Denver, in March.
It seams that there is only that one market? But not any restaurants to eat sarma, pljeskavica, cevapcici or have rakija, as you can find in other cities.
Thank you,
Milos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver