Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 07:43 AM

3,082 posts, read 5,437,722 times

Advertisements

I go back to Michigan in the summer sometimes and it's pretty great in comparison to Denver. It does get humid from time to time, but it does in Denver, too. The last two summers were brutally hot here. At least in MI, I can go swim in some "great" lakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 08:30 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,110,393 times
When I lived in Chicago I had to bring an extra shirt to work because my first shirt would be drenched with armpit stains from the 5 block walk from the El station to my office. The only advantage is that Chicago sometimes has clouds to cover the sun. Sometimes in Denver summers I wouldn't mind a cloud or two.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:13 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkie View Post
I go back to Michigan in the summer sometimes and it's pretty great in comparison to Denver. It does get humid from time to time, but it does in Denver, too. The last two summers were brutally hot here. At least in MI, I can go swim in some "great" lakes.
I don't think you can compare the humidity in Denver to that in Michigan. I've never felt humidity in Denver where I was soaking wet from walking one block And I'd never swim in a lake... blech! I'll take a clean swimming pool over that.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:51 AM

3,082 posts, read 5,437,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I don't think you can compare the humidity in Denver to that in Michigan. I've never felt humidity in Denver where I was soaking wet from walking one block And I'd never swim in a lake... blech! I'll take a clean swimming pool over that.
Have you ever been to MI? It's really not that humid there, at least relative to CO. I was there for some time last summer and it felt just like any day in CO, maybe a little cooler. Not to say that it doesn't get humid at all. It does on occasion, and I'd compare it to those 95+ degree days in Denver where it's almost unbearable to breath or stand in the sun more than 5 minutes. But, just as in Denver, those days are occasional and not the norm. As far as swimming in lakes go, that's your preference I suppose. I can do both.

Last edited by Tekkie; 04-05-2013 at 10:59 AM..

Old 04-05-2013, 01:22 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Have you ever been to MI? It's really not that humid there, at least relative to CO. I was there for some time last summer and it felt just like any day in CO, maybe a little cooler. Not to say that it doesn't get humid at all. It does on occasion, and I'd compare it to those 95+ degree days in Denver where it's almost unbearable to breath or stand in the sun more than 5 minutes. But, just as in Denver, those days are occasional and not the norm. As far as swimming in lakes go, that's your preference I suppose. I can do both.
I've been to Detroit in winter, but Chicago in summer. I wouldn't think there could possibly be that much difference between the two cities. And Chicago felt like an Amazon steam bath lol! I grew up in Kansas City and the humidity there disgusts me in summer. I don't think I could ever live anywhere east of Denver after spending the past 20 years in Denver and L.A. where it's not humid. But I know some people prefer it.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:35 PM

245 posts, read 708,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I don't think I could ever live anywhere east of Denver after spending the past 20 years in Denver and L.A. where it's not humid. But I know some people prefer it.
Actually, we have been a little over a year here and I would say the exact same thing !!

We left the Midwest to escape the cold - when actually the low humidity and enjoyable summer nights in CO should have been the reason to come here

We love the 30 degree temp drops in summer after a hot day

Old 04-06-2013, 06:29 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
I was in New Buffalo, MI for a day last summer, it felt just warm enough to feel warm, and just humid enough to feel humid.

Denver can feel like an oven set on BAKE. But it's not as bad as inland California.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:44 PM

17,709 posts, read 29,808,528 times
Default One word

Quote:
Have you ever been to MI? It's really not that humid.
Mosquitos.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:44 AM

245 posts, read 708,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Mosquitos.
Visions of camping in WI State Parks and slapping self all over every couple of seconds.

What good are summers if you cannot be out during the day (too humid, too hot - even in the shade) and cannot be out after evenings (due to mosquitoes) ?

Low humidity = Low bugs =

Old 11-26-2019, 06:24 AM

3 posts, read 2,701 times
Yeah Denver weather wise isn’t bad. When I moved there the first summer was unusually hot for me unbearable but here is the real truth everything is bearable when you have good friends family and good employment so make that your priority and stay wherever those conditions exist for you or are most likely to exist and ***** about the weather like everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver