Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2009, 01:06 PM

275 posts, read 1,468,458 times

Advertisements

So this is the 4th and last part of a four part series of Photos of Platt Park Area. This part covers the main commercial area of S Pearl St as well as some miscellaneous residential, school, park and skyline photos. The area of Pearl St. covered in this section including Sushi Den and Stella's coffee is probably what most Denverites think of when Platt Park is mentioned. At the very end of these photos there are some shots of Washington Park and the Denver Skyline.

Part 1 covers the somewhat gritty NW quadrant of Platt Park including the Broadway Light Rail Station and the area around Broadway and Louisana.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/denve...ytes-part.html

In Part 2 -- we cover Acoma Street and then go south of Lousiana on Broaday into the Antiques District.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/denve...-part-2-a.html

In Part 3 -- we have some residential shots and then cover the southern business district of South Pearl St.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/denve...-part-3-a.html

So continuing on from Part 3 heading North on Pearl -- At Pearl & Iowa we start getting into the main commercial area of Pearl

Sushi Den is the first building on the left... a very well known Denver restaurant

Stella's -- a very popular coffeeshop

In sort of the mid-left portion of the photo -- the glass structure with the white X's is the elevator shaft that goes down to the light-rail station

You know the grandma types in NYC, Philly, Boston etc. that sit at a 2nd or 3rd floor window and keep an eye on the street instead of watching tv or web surfing. There is a lady in the garage between the bicyclist and dog walker that does the Denver equivalent... keeping the 7/11 under control.

Unfortunately the lighting was bad, but it looks like she is sleeping a bit on the job today

Leaving Pearl Street now

My neighbor Mansy, great guy... helps shovel out the sidewalks for some of our elderly neighbors

McKinley-Thatcher Elementary at Louisiana & Logan

Another alley house

The main entrance side to McKinley

It was around 70 degrees in late Feb. when I took this photo... we will see if these plants survive March

Mt. Evans From the school playground

Look -- chainlink nets for bball. If that doesn't convince you Denver is hardcore, nothing will

On the way to Platt Park (the actual park) at Logan & Florida

Some shots around Platt Park
Not sure what this building is used for... never see people going in or out, but it is part of the park not a private residence

Decker Library (NE corner of the park)

Grant Middle School at Washington & Mexico

Must be some kind of Middle School Walk Of Fame

House across from Grant Middle School

Train station on Louisana about a block east of Pearl (though it is named the Louisiana/Pearl station)

A block North of the train station is a Whole Foods

And about 3 blocks East of the train station is the southern boundary of Washington Park (I only took shot from the southern area of the park... it's about a mile in length and a quarter mile in width). I took these in mid February when the temps were in the 50's.

I don't know what they were playing (Bocce ball maybe), but they took it pretty seriously

From SW corner of Washington Park looking west along Louisiana

And we finish up with a few skyline shots... these are not from Platt Park -- this is from what I think is called the Athmar Park neighborhood (SW Denver)

And these next two are from the Science Museum in City Park east of downtown

That's all folks, you made it to the end!

Last edited by MobyLL; 03-14-2009 at 01:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 10:42 PM

16,284 posts, read 42,972,532 times
Great photos....no one responded originally, as it looks like I'm bumping it up here.

But want to thank you for taking the time to take and upload these! I love the housing style looks of the area!

Old 11-03-2009, 10:04 AM

360 posts, read 1,122,346 times
That is awesome, really love the density in the S. Pearl area. My dog's gonna love walking in those parks. Thanks for the pics!!

Old 11-03-2009, 11:36 AM

87 posts, read 245,766 times
Thanks for sharing.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:13 AM

1,627 posts, read 4,201,494 times
I want to go to there!

Old 11-04-2009, 08:21 AM

15 posts, read 66,790 times
Cool.... I think I'm going to be living about 5 miles east of Stella's Coffee and have researched it up as one of the first places I'll be visiting in Denver.

Now I know what it looks like.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:10 PM

345 posts, read 970,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John H F View Post
Cool.... I think I'm going to be living about 5 miles east of Stella's Coffee and have researched it up as one of the first places I'll be visiting in Denver.

Now I know what it looks like.
Stella's is one of my favorite places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: