Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 01:14 PM

16 posts, read 76,510 times

Advertisements

In my search for rental properties I frequently see listings saying, "Two blocks from Old Towne Aravada".....what's this mean? Is this appealing to people in the know? Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 01:24 PM

676 posts, read 2,795,978 times
Old town is just arvada's historic district. Its a neat little commercial strip with shops restaurants and I think they recently opened a new library up there too. It just depends if you like the small town suburban feel with its own little downtown area.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:47 PM

16 posts, read 76,510 times
do you mean like antique type old town or saloons type old town

Old 03-17-2009, 03:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
There are a number of stores selling different types of merchandise, bakeries, restaurants, etc. It's an older area of town.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:47 PM

676 posts, read 2,795,978 times
If your familiar with any of the other denver suburbs its a lot like old town littleton or downtown golden. Its sort of that pleasentville type feeling

Old 03-17-2009, 06:00 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,396,224 times
phreespirit74,

Now, I have given such great information that I researched in your previous thread about your future employer location and you did not bother to respond, thank me, or tell me I am wrong----shame, shame, shame, shame

Well, now I got that out of my system. Old Town Arvada is the original city center because Arvada was developed as a separate agricultural community which was far enough from Denver to have its own identity. Even, today, Arvada, and Denver just touch at a hairline in the Southeast.

Old Town is not just a saloon old town--it has few but most of the old buildings are antiques and unique little shops. Some of the businesses have been there for years. The streets around are small cottage, craftsman type homes that are desirious because it has that small town feeling.

The area never feel into decay--it just got old and new generations came in and renovated to properties. The homes around are very desirous and there are great elementary and secondary schools. In addition some of the worse properties where demolished under a big urban renewal. Old town has now a urban village with little stores, lofts, townhomes. The prominent structures in the old area is churches and specifically Shrine of St. Anne Catholic Church and School.

Yes, they put a brand new library downtown overlooking a renovated fountain square where children play during the summer. The area has a Park n' Ride for the bus system and is designated a commuter rail station under the Fastracks system.

Here is the link to Old Town Home - Historic Olde Town Arvada
some pictures
City and Community of Arvada: Community Photo Gallery

City and Community of Arvada: Community Photo Gallery

some videos

http://arvada.org/about-arvada/videotags/?tag_id=Town

my favorite http://arvada.org/about-arvada/video...=youtube_gdata

and the main link to Arvada http://www.ci.arvada.co.us/

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 03-17-2009 at 06:09 PM..

Old 07-28-2010, 04:16 PM

26,205 posts, read 49,007,205 times
LiveContent, did you attend the recent White Trash Pub Crawl in old town? Some superb anarchy.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 07-28-2010, 04:44 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
If your familiar with any of the other denver suburbs its a lot like old town littleton or downtown golden. Its sort of that pleasentville type feeling
There are many "old towns" in Orange County, CA (we lived on the edge of Old Town in the city of Orange) and they really are nice places to live if you're out in the 'burbs. They're like little pockets of character in the suburbs, and normally pretty clean and crime free. They usually offer walkable streets, interesting architecture, older homes, and locally owned businesses. I haven't checked out Arvada's yet though.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:43 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,396,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
LiveContent, did you attend the recent White Trash Pub Crawl in old town? Some superb anarchy.
Interesting but Disgustingly Prurient. I do not go to bars. I do not go to Lounges. I do not go to nightclubs. Even Pubs and Neighborhood Taverns have not seen me cross those portals, for a number of years.

I go for enjoyment of food and if the serving of food entails the supportive service of alcohol-then it is a pleasure, especially when Wine and Beer is the beverage of choice. For I define these products as food that should be served with food.

I do not patronize "joints" whose main focus is selling alcoholic beverages for inebriation and excessive dangerous drinking.

Alcohol should accompany food and expand the pleasure of eating; just as food, should be partnered to alcoholic beverages to enhance their enjoyment. For, when these products are properly balanced, then a customer is better served the contentment of his daily nourishment, and the convivial enjoyment of his fellows.

Livecontent

Old 11-08-2011, 03:39 PM

18 posts, read 40,187 times
Default Olde Town Arvada

Historical Olde Town Arvada. There are local business's that offer great dining and great shopping. Very laid back shops in this area. There is a wine bar that just opened that I'm sure will fit the feel of Olde Town Arvada. It is a gathering place for people to shop and have fun. I personally REALLY like The Eggshell which. Best breakfast. There is a theater that sits at the bottom on the hill from Olde Town Arvada. So, being within walking distance to Olde Town Arvada can almost be it's own lifestyle....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver