Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 09:00 AM

229 posts, read 750,439 times

Advertisements

I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 09:09 AM

1,536 posts, read 6,086,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movementarian View Post
I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen!
I thought it was swallows that return to Capistrano and salmon swim upstream? I believe the OP is a women looking for someplace to go with her family. However, I did recommend Aspen as well in my earlier post.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:13 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,875,263 times
Quote:
"I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
"I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of s*&t, man."

Gotta love a thread where someone can get in a Dumb & Dumber quote .

If you end up in Steamboat you may as will head up to Pearl Lake, Steamboat Lake, and Hahn's Peak.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:53 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,151,255 times
Quote:
Well, since we are a family of 4 and I would rather not go somewhere that my husband can see women flocking like salmon , we will probably avoid Aspen!

That being said, hopefully others can ready this thread and get some ideas. Especially those who complain about Denver being a bad place to meet women.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:56 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,151,255 times
Thanks everyone! Keep 'em coming. It's hard because I've got a 6 year old and a 1 1/2 year old so white water rafting is out (at least for a while) as is horseback riding. Maybe some of the ranches have hayrides? Also would like to go to Durango and take the railroad. I've heard they also have a place called "Tree top adventures" where you can literally fly over the treetops on a zipline. Anyone been to it? Can a 6 year old go?

Old 04-06-2009, 12:56 PM

31 posts, read 133,254 times
I second Steamboat. Just returned from there, actually we stayed in Clark, 18 miles north, at the Glen Eden Resort.

Glen Eden Resort - Welcome

Great family resort, two room cabins, pool/hot tub, play ground, resturant/bar on grounds (Friday night is Pizza night). Minutes to fishing (river or Steamboat lake), four wheeling, hiking, biking, horseback riding (I recommend Dels Triangle Three) Steamboat Horses at Del's Triangle 3 Ranch

Steamboat Springs is a 25 minute drive and there is so much more to do there!

Just saw your post above. We vacationed before with 2 year old and 6 year old there and that is when we first fell for Glen Eden...playground & pool. Kids love it. Took the kids to the lake to fish, put dummy weight on toddlers kiddie pole and she spent hours throwing it into the water and reeling in weeds...she waas thrilled. Great semi flat ground, perfect for nature hikes. Call about the horses, they have small children and could maybe recommend age appropriate activities.

Last edited by JstPam; 04-06-2009 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: additional info

Old 04-06-2009, 01:07 PM

8,603 posts, read 14,875,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Well, since we are a family of 4 and I would rather not go somewhere that my husband can see women flocking like salmon , we will probably avoid Aspen!

That being said, hopefully others can ready this thread and get some ideas. Especially those who complain about Denver being a bad place to meet women.

Ever seen Dumb & Dumber?

Old 04-06-2009, 02:03 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,987,029 times
These are all great ideas. My wife and I plan to do several long weekend trips this summer to finally check out Colorado. Here is the link to the tree top canopy tour in Durango. I heard its a blast. It is on our list of things to do!

soaring treetop adventures on our zip line course in durango colorado from soaring canopy tours

Old 04-06-2009, 02:13 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,461,631 times
The other two train trips mentioned above are great, but the best two are the Cumbres & Toltec out of Antonito, Colorado or Chama, New Mexico ( Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad ) and the Rio Grande Scenic out of Alamosa ( Colorado Train Rio Grande Scenic Railroad - home ). Both offer outstanding scenery and an authentic (not amusement park ride) train experience, and both are considered among the best scenic/historic train rides in the United States.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:23 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Sand Dunes? Mesa Verde? Black Canyon?
I've always wanted to see these, but never have. There's so much to do in CO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver