Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 11:57 AM

3 posts, read 5,102 times

Advertisements

I am a 21 year old, wanting to move to denver in late june and i am wanting to know of a good and safe place in denver to live, i do not want to move there blindly, so i am wanting as much information as i can get before moving out there.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 12:03 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,308,989 times
Start by reading the forum archives. Come back when you actually have a question.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:09 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,052,379 times
Cincin, could you give us a little more to go on? What's bringing you here? Will you be attending school? Will you need to work, or do you already have a job lined up? If so, where is it? What kinds of amenities are important to you? What kind of housing do you need? What's your budget?

Old 04-08-2009, 12:25 PM

vegaspilrim, i have read the forums and they arent giving me the answers that i want. Thank you.

I am coming there, because i have been there once before and loved it, ive always wanted to come out there. i enjoy out door activities, and the shopping scene, i am wanting to go back to school for my RN, and i am still looking into schools for that also. I do not have a job lined up, but i have been looking online at some possible job that they have opennings for.

I am really wanting to know about which side of town is safer and and good apertments to rent, those are what i am really concentrating on right know.

Thanks

Old 04-08-2009, 12:39 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,152,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinCin View Post
vegaspilrim, i have read the forums and they arent giving me the answers that i want. Thank you.

I am coming there, because i have been there once before and loved it, ive always wanted to come out there. i enjoy out door activities, and the shopping scene, i am wanting to go back to school for my RN, and i am still looking into schools for that also. I do not have a job lined up, but i have been looking online at some possible job that they have opennings for.

I am really wanting to know about which side of town is safer and and good apertments to rent, those are what i am really concentrating on right know.

Thanks
Luckily for you, Denver is a city that has great places to live that are safe and full of shopping opportunities on all sides. Outdoor activities are easily reached even if you live on the opposite side of the city from the mountains (like me in SE Aurora).

That being said, I would avoid the suburbs, especially if you are single. Look nearby your school and ask a few people who work at one of the nearby hospitals where THEY live. If I were single, I would try my best to live downtown...great area when you don't have to worry about carpools and school districts. Probably pretty expensive, but worth it for the nightlife and social scene (if that's what you're in to).

Old 04-08-2009, 12:51 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,482,801 times
If you have read the forum archives you will understand that your question is to vague to generate valuable answers.

You need to include things like an apartment or house price range, desired facilities, allowable commute times to things like work or school .... etc.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:54 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,052,379 times
Generally, finding a house is a lot less work than finding a job. Start with employment and work out from there. Denver has a ton of areas that would probably meet your requirements.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:22 PM

Thank you so much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: