U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 01:20 PM

38 posts, read 122,922 times

Advertisements

Hi!
I'm in desperate need of finding a gentle, but good chiropractor in Denver. I'd love any recommendations within Denver proper, possibly my neighborhood of the Highlands. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 02:52 PM

668 posts, read 1,900,231 times
Having used Chiropractors many times in my life...you dont want a 'gentle' one...You need one that will bend and flex you, until you start to feel better and those muscles start to go back into place on thier own.

My Wife was having headaches, and I told her to go to the Chiropractor that I use, and she constantly refused...(yea, she was under the impression that they were quacks and other things that I forget, but, it took awhile to change her mind).
Well, I kept telling her, she must not be hurting enough, because she refused to get treatment and was popping tylenol like gumdrops!

Eventually she relented and went... She felt TERRIBLE after the first visit! I said yeppers, your gonna feel that way, until the 'third visit'... Sure 'nuff, after the third visit she didnt have any more headaches and her neck felt so much better because the muscles were being trained to go to thier rightful position and keep the vertebraes in the position that they are 'supposed' to be in.

I have gone to Chiropractors who used what I refer to as a 'thumper'... a mechanical device that thumps your spine and I never got any relief from it...(I had to laugh when they did it to my Butt and I am a BIG GUY...I said "how is that little thumper gonna move so much fat, and why do you think that my pelvis is actually gonna move if my fat cant be convinced to move? I laughted at him and left his office, never to return!).

I would look in the Yellow pages of your Community and then call around and see if they stretch and flex you and bend you into shapes that will ultimately help you... And remember, its gonna take three visits to really feel good, so, you have to give it time!

And remember, if you dont like the one your going to, or, if after three visits your not feeling better, then you can always go to another one! There is no one saying that you cant switch, or are tethered to just one Doctor!

(I have arthritus in my lower spine and every time I went there, he always relieved the pain for quite a few days...but, I was convinced to leave my Chiropractor and go to a Pain Clinic and now I have pain patches that do absolutely nothing for me! At least with my Chiropractor I was getting releaf for a week or even better...sheesh!).

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse

Old 04-12-2009, 11:48 PM

56 posts, read 172,389 times
I dont want to step on any toes here, but what makes people think Chiropractors are so great?

I don't know how many of you have ever attended, or looked at attending, graduate schools throughout the country. If you have, you most likely remember hearing "make sure to find an accredited university and/or program". Did you know that the whole reason "Accredited" came about as a warning to students was because quite a few years ago someone literally bought a building, hung a sign on the door that said Chiropractor, and opened for business?

Fast forward a few decades and now we regard this as a true profession with evidence backing its efficacy. Heck, we even call these people "Doctors" when visiting their clinic.

I have nothing against Chiros as people, but I do have many qualls with their chosen profession. Have any of you looked into Physical Therapy as an alternate? Unlike Chiro, PT is backed by scientific and clinical evidence about what techniques work and dont work. It is not just a "shot-in-the-dark" profession.

P.S.- Have you ever wondered why you have to keep going back to the Chiro in order to feel good? Funny how the "results" never last, isnt it?

Old 04-13-2009, 10:05 AM

1,536 posts, read 5,510,643 times
I will get a couple of names and DM them to you, just give me a moment to track them down. I personally don't use them but they do work for some people. Yoga works best for my issues verses spinal manipulationsl. Sorry this request is out of desperation!

Last edited by DenverAztec; 04-13-2009 at 10:21 AM..

Old 04-28-2009, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,504 times
Try [url=http://www.rockymtnwellness.com]Japanese Acupuncture & Gentle Chiropractic - Castle Rock & Denver, Colorado[/url]. This is about as gentle as you can get.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoPRYmtsE6U]YouTube - BEST Technique as noted by Kevin Trudeau Chiropractic[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESmoLpWzPn4]YouTube - Gentle Chiropractic Denver Logan Basic Technique Menstrual Cramps & Pain[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STpRoOWCtS4]YouTube - Modern Gentle Alternative Chiropractic Activator Technique[/url] Here's some info about the effectiveness of chiropractic based upon scientific research.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s68Yr38-lAQ]YouTube - Does Chiropractic Work? Check the science!![/url]

Old 04-29-2009, 02:14 PM

56 posts, read 172,389 times
Geez.... "Diverting the oxygen from the muscles in spasm to the brain and heart".

What a sham.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:33 PM

1 posts, read 2,124 times
stromaple... dont know if your still looking but I went to a Denver chiropractor, Dr. Spallone at Evocare Center for Physical Health, he's supposed to be one of the best chiropractors in denver. He does a lot of different things- one is using n computerized instrument to work on the joints and muscles if your wanting something gentle. Not for everyone but it worked for me.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,902 times
The best chiropractor that I have been to in denver is Dr. Carly Letzt Carney at Your Healing Place. The phone number there is 303-636-0000. Go visit their website at Your Healing Place - Denver, CO - Acupuncture - Home or check out:

Dr. Carly's facebook page at Dr. Carly Letzt Carney - Your Healing Place | Facebook

She is awesome! I had horrible back pain and sciatica for years. After I started seeing her it has gone away and hasn't been back.

Regards,
Stacy Kazersesky

Old 05-05-2010, 03:29 PM

4 posts, read 5,958 times
Dr. Joel Carmichael is good but is located in the tech center so might be a drive for you. Be really careful who you go to...I was once went to a chiropractor who took xrays of my spine, scared me so badly I let him sell me a year-long treatment plan where I had to pay a few thousand (he reduced price by 40% if paid upfront) and had to go three times a week. I have since figured out it was a big scam!

I truly believe that he did NOTHING for me that could not have been accomplished in a couple of treatments from Dr. Carmichael and it cost a lot to figure that out. There are some bad ones out there who just want your money. Carmichael also takes many insurance plans which is a huge plus for us.

Last edited by ColoradoNester; 05-05-2010 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-19-2010, 08:47 AM

299 posts, read 629,030 times
Chiropractors are amazing - every disease or discomfort can be solved by simply cracking the patients neck and back! How could something so simple not be true????

I'm still amazed that we use the title 'Dr' for chiropractors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver