U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2009, 03:59 PM

309 posts, read 763,608 times

Advertisements

was in a 3 car crash last tuesday
aurora cop gave me a follow to close ticket
going to court for this.......has anyone else had to do this routine and what was your outcome...i'm pleading no contest....and see if i can get 2 point reduction
this is the only accident ive ever been im btw
just want an idea of what i might have to pay fine wise to the court on follow to close!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 04:29 PM

13,219 posts, read 24,281,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basaltfire View Post
was in a 3 car crash last tuesday
aurora cop gave me a follow to close ticket
going to court for this.......has anyone else had to do this routine and what was your outcome...i'm pleading no contest....and see if i can get 2 point reduction
this is the only accident ive ever been im btw
just want an idea of what i might have to pay fine wise to the court on follow to close!!!!!!!!
Last December, I slid on some ice getting off I-225 South at Alameda (Aurora) (the off-ramp that goes over the freeway, seemingly unnecessarily). I hit a SUV stopped at the stoplight. There were three people in the other car, the man driving cussed me out, then feigned injury as soon as the cops arrived. He got taken away by ambulance, but it turned out he was probably faking (injury section of police report was changed from "1" to "0"), possibly because he didn't have car insurance.

I got a "Careless Driving" ticket, with a court date two months later. It is a very stressful ordeal, but I hope to ease your mind a bit.

What will happen is you will go into court at the time specified on your ticket. The courthouse is near Alameda/Chambers. You will check in, and they will tell you to go upstairs to a "First Court Appearance (Traffic Court)" waiting room, where there will be about 100 other people. You will wait for your name to be called, and you will briefly meet with a City Attorney and they will most likely offer you a lesser charge. Think of it as haggling over a new car's price, it's the same kind of scenario. My "Careless Driving" charge was a 4-point charge, and he offered me a 2-point "Defective Vehicle" charge. I tried to contest it by saying it wasn't my fault because there was ice (the cop told me that it would most likely be dropped if I said something about the ice), but the attorney didn't budge, so I took it.

I then went in to see the judge with a specified group of others who also got tickets. We each faced the judge one by one and entered our pleas, where the judge would then give us our sentences. I got the 2-points on my record, plus a ~$175 fine which included court costs. Sure, it sucks, but you'll feel much better once it all is behind you.

Make sure you get a police report for your accident before you go in. It might be of use.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:47 PM

309 posts, read 763,608 times
ok got a plea of obstruked windows or somthing like that...75.00 and broken tail light...75.00---35.oo cort cost 0 points
thanks for ur input dave
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver