Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 08:20 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,088,882 times

Advertisements

Be sure to eat out for either breakfast, lunch or dinner, or all three this Thrusday at the restaurants that are participating in Dining Out for Life!

Dining Out For Life - Denver/Boulder

Dining Out For Life - Denver

About Project Angel Heart
Since 1991, Project Angel Heart has been delivering life-sustaining meals to men, women and children coping with life-threatening illness. With the support of dedicated volunteers and donors, Project Angel Heart prepared and delivered 407,279 meals to nearly 1,700 people in 2008. Thanks to the unwavering support of individuals like you, we will deliver of our 3 millionth meal, at no cost, in 2009! For more information about Project Angel Heart, please visit us at Home - Project Angel Heart or call 303-830-0202. You can make a difference!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 11:52 AM

269 posts, read 1,267,421 times
Thanks for posting this! This is good timing for me, I'm considering volunteering for them again.

I delivered meals for Project Angel Heart in Denver a few years ago. Then I started a new job and the timings became extremely inconvenient and I stopped. Now I'm looking at various opportunities again and this one pops up!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:56 PM

Don't forget to eat out tomorrow!!

Old 04-29-2009, 11:28 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAztec View Post
Don't forget to eat out tomorrow!!
Sure thing. There are two in the tech center area. I'm planning on haunting one of these.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:07 AM

1,176 posts, read 4,483,117 times
Man if you people knew what a horrible company opentable.com was ..... they are lining their pockets at the expense of every place you eat ....

Seriously.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:33 AM

Open table is only for making reservations at the high end restaurants Steve. You can just show up and eat at most of the places for the main reason - Project Angel Heart!!!!

Old 04-30-2009, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptos View Post
Thanks for posting this! This is good timing for me, I'm considering volunteering for them again.

I delivered meals for Project Angel Heart in Denver a few years ago. Then I started a new job and the timings became extremely inconvenient and I stopped. Now I'm looking at various opportunities again and this one pops up!
You are welcome and thank you in advance for volunteering! I step in for the full time volunteers a few times a year to give them a break. Sometimes it is hard for them to give up even one day for they get attached to the people they deliver food to.

Project Angel Heart is a wonderful organization because everyone from the restaruants who donate the food, those who prepare it, to those who deliver it are all volunteers helping those in need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Sure thing. There are two in the tech center area. I'm planning on haunting one of these.
Excellent! Thank you Colossus!

Old 04-30-2009, 08:10 AM

From Project Angel Heart -

Today Project Angel Heart is celebrating one of the most important days of the year: Dining Out for Life® day! Dining Out for Life® is a fun and easy way to make a difference for people living with life-threatening illnesses in Denver and Colorado Springs. On April 30, more than 350 Front Range restaurants will contribute 25% of their food sales to Project Angel Heart, making eating out a charitable action! We’ll raise 20% of our annual budget and reach hundreds of new volunteers—but not without your help!

Please eat out at any of the 330+ participating restaurants, get the word out to your friends, remind them to eat out tomorrow, or even consider volunteering tomorrow as an Ambassador or a representative at lunch encouraging people to eat out for dinner! We still have opportunities for volunteers to help and to train!

Consider one of these new and different volunteer opportunities!

• Whole Foods Cherry Creek will be supporting us with their 5% Community Giving Day tomorrow! Hand out dining guides and thank people for shopping to support us! 2 hour shifts available 10am-7pm, meal included.
  • Jamba Juices all over Denver and Boulder will contribute 25% of juices, shakes and food! Thank people for supporting us and pass out dining guides for dinner between 11am and 1pm!
  • Comedy Works at The Landmark will be hosting a 5280 Magazine happy hour that will benefit Project Angel Heart! Hang out at the happy hour 4:30-7:30 to pass out dining guides and encourage people to dine out!
]With your support, Project Angel Heart will deliver over 400,000 meals, free of charge, to those coping with life-threatening illness in 2009. So please keep reading, consider ways you’d like to help, and then forward this message to your friends!

Thanks!

Dine out on April 30!

Volunteer! We need more help today through June
Ambassadors represent Project Angel Heart in an assigned restaurant, greeting diners and talking to them about the mission of Project Angel Heart. Through volunteer Ambassadors, diners might become clients, volunteers, or donors! Being an Ambassador is an incredibly easy way to make a big impact in a little bit of time, and we’ll give you all the tools and information you need to be successful. Come to training at 6pm tonight or reply to this email to set up a training time!

Data Teams will help after Dining Out for Life®! We’ll invite diners who have entered our drawing to join us as volunteers or learn more through our summer newsletter—but only with your help! We’ll need 500 hours of support from data entry volunteers who are comfortable on a computer and detail-oriented. Great for groups up to 7 and individuals. May 9-June 20, Monday-Friday 5-8, Saturday 9am-12noon or 12noon-3pm.

Get the word out on Facebook & MySpace
On MySpace, you can On Facebook, let people know you’re dining out and change your profile pic to the Dining Out for Life®
Invite your friends via Evite or Socializr Evite, you can set up an event page and easily invite your friends to come to eat with you!
With Socializr, you can use the invite we designed and it doesn’t require that anyone creates an account!
Regardless, these are both great ways to encourage your friends to eat out on Dining Out for Life day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver