Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2009, 03:13 PM

619 posts, read 2,194,320 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to give this theatre a shout out. I saw Beauty and the Beast there last fall and just saw Oliver yesterday - both were exceptional for a "local" theatre. It's a small theatre "in the round" - very intimate but the staging is fabulous and I truly felt like I'd gotten my money's worth.

Any other theaters to recommend? My 6 year old can't wait until our next show!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 07:48 PM

1,627 posts, read 4,207,482 times
Would be interested to hear about other recommended theatres myself. My fiance is both an avid fan and frequent crew member of theatre and the performing arts. Part of our reason for choosing Denver among other similarly sized cities.

Would love to know what tix went for at the Town Hall Arts Center in Littleton if you'd care to share.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:41 PM

619 posts, read 2,194,320 times
Our tickets were $31 each.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:01 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,365,343 times
One must surely mention The Arvada Center for the Arts and the Humanities as having one of the premier theatre in the area. The outdoor seating is great just the summer months, as well as a fairly large indoor theatre with regional and touring productions. It has numerous classes and shows for children.

It has an outdoor play area that has this big serpentine dragon that the kids love to climb all over. I brought my niece there and I was alarmed about the climbing as I watched from a bench---I ran over and was surprised by the heavy rubber footing all around--it is certainly kid friendly and Ah, good for me, because It was demanded by my niece to join her in the exploration of the beast http://www.flickr.com/photos/arvadacenter/2244530909/ (broken link)

I live very close to this center and I enjoy going to many of the shows. The center has more of a conservatory environment--it reminds me of New York, as you will see and hear many classes in the arts and music, with members scurrying about in ballet costumes and carrying instruments.

It also has the Arvada history museum. a changing art gallery and large catering halls.

To note that this center was built and is funded by public funds of Arvada and was approved by residents about 40 years ago...so, that says it all about the support for the arts in area, years ago. I want not to forget to mention that the center hosts the Cowboy poetry event, every year, during the Western Stock Show...that is a cowtown image, you probably never knew about...

Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities:

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 12-08-2009 at 06:15 PM..

Old 12-09-2009, 01:16 AM

1,627 posts, read 4,207,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
One must surely mention The Arvada Center for the Arts and the Humanities as having one of the premier theatre in the area. The outdoor seating is great just the summer months, as well as a fairly large indoor theatre with regional and touring productions. It has numerous classes and shows for children.

It has an outdoor play area that has this big serpentine dragon that the kids love to climb all over. I brought my niece there and I was alarmed about the climbing as I watched from a bench---I ran over and was surprised by the heavy rubber footing all around--it is certainly kid friendly and Ah, good for me, because It was demanded by my niece to join her in the exploration of the beast Bill Gian and Mike Lee-"Squiggles" on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/arvadacenter/2244530909/ - broken link)

I live very close to this center and I enjoy going to many of the shows. The center has more of a conservatory environment--it reminds me of New York, as you will see and hear many classes in the arts and music, with members scurrying about in ballet costumes and carrying instruments.

It also has the Arvada history museum. a changing art gallery and large catering halls.

To note that this center was built and is funded by public funds of Arvada and was approved by residents about 40 years ago...so, that says it all about the support for the arts in area, years ago. I want not to forget to mention that the center hosts the Cowboy poetry event, every year, during the Western Stock Show...that is a cowtown image, you probably never knew about...

Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities:

Livecontent
Well when a native NYer recommends it... I'm going to have to bookmark this thread now as it may be mighty handy in the future.

I am curious, are there any areas in and around Denver (other than the DCPA downtown) that are trying to develop an arts/entertainment hub? Obviously it won't likely achieve Broadway scope any time soon, but something akin to the (well marketed if a bit sub-par) NoHo Arts district in the San Fernando Valley? We stumbled on Sante Fe last time round and I noticed quite a few galleries and a few clubs around there and didn't know if maybe that was a slowly developing area in that regard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver