U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2009, 04:22 PM

5 posts, read 28,428 times

Advertisements

I know the three locations are completely different, but I want to weight my options. I currently live in California (Central Coast) but am looking to move in about 2 years. I do not want to stay in CA for a variety of reasons, cost of living and lack of the values I look for scoring high on the list. I lived in Denver for 4 years and loved it, but the cost of living is skyrocketing there. I went to college near Columbus, OH, and feel that it's a great place to raise a family, it's cheaper than Denver by far, and it's rather attractive in areas. Never been to Huntsville, but it was recommended to me by a friend who lives there. So I guess my question is - to anyone with some familiarity with Denver, Columbus or Huntsville - what would you say are the strong pros/cons among the three places? Again, I know this is sort of a stretch of a question, but thank you for any suggestions and opinions anyone can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 04:27 PM

20,914 posts, read 39,201,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainya234 View Post
I know the three locations are completely different, but I want to weight my options. I currently live in California (Central Coast) but am looking to move in about 2 years. I do not want to stay in CA for a variety of reasons, cost of living and lack of the values I look for scoring high on the list. I lived in Denver for 4 years and loved it, but the cost of living is skyrocketing there. I went to college near Columbus, OH, and feel that it's a great place to raise a family, it's cheaper than Denver by far, and it's rather attractive in areas. Never been to Huntsville, but it was recommended to me by a friend who lives there. So I guess my question is - to anyone with some familiarity with Denver, Columbus or Huntsville - what would you say are the strong pros/cons among the three places? Again, I know this is sort of a stretch of a question, but thank you for any suggestions and opinions anyone can give.
Send a DM to one of our members named Charles. He's from SoCal, lived here in COLO SPGS a few years, and now is in Huntsville. He should be able to cover 2 of your 3 cities.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:09 AM

24 posts, read 39,354 times
I have lived in Huntsville for 25 years but now in Tn and oddly enough looking to make a move to Denver area. Huntsville has about everything to offer except for scenery. I mean yes there are some places you can drive too and see the Lake etc but other than that it is really not the greatest. It is centered in the tennessee valley , quite low , very very humid , a magnet for tornado activity and full of ...and I mean very full of Engineers as the Huntsville is the space and aeronautics capital of the world... my father is an engineer and yes you guessed it he live in Huntsville. To live in Huntsville you must love bugs .. flying or otherwise. and your friendly Black widow can be found in every water meter there. Plenty of places to live rent or buy , good parts of town and downright terrible parts of town. Huntsville is quickly becoming a meth capital as the surrounding areas offer great places to hide a lab. The southern attributes are all but gone though you will often run into your local rednecks and the vocabulary they share. Oh and they take the Bama college football WAY TOO SERIOUS. Whatever you end up doing ... good luck to ya.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:20 PM

119 posts, read 239,551 times
Downtown Columbus is really improving, as is the Ohio State Campus area. I live and work in Northern Ohio, and thought about getting a job down in Columbus. I think it is a great place to raise kids, but I am personally looking to move to Denver (just like the above post!). I love Lake Erie and I love the people in Ohio, but it is too hot and humid here in the summer, and the winters are grueling. I think I am in love with the Denver sunshine and the outdoor activities out there - but there is ALWAYS something to do in Columbus. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or