Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:37 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,987,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
Interesting. I wonder how were we allowed then to drink booze past 2am in Atlanta then? Also, how about New Orleans, Miami and New York?
Some states allow certain cities/counties to stay open later. NYC, Atlanta and Miami fall into this category.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 10:40 AM

795 posts, read 2,409,247 times
Funny Texas has some pretty strict booze laws still on the books. Last I knew you couldn't buy alcohol on Sundays and most places stop serving before midnight (some till 2am). There are fifty dry counties in Texas. So I am curious as to what clubs are hopping after the booze gets shut down in the lonestar state? Are we talking about raves here? because all major cities have raves that are 24 hour but they do not make up the main venue of a cities night life...so I am wondering OP what your point was?

http://texasalcohollicensing.com/Get...8/Default.aspx

Old 04-27-2009, 10:50 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,717,243 times
To those who responded to me, my response/question was aimed at smguy101 who claims that all states stop serving alcohol at 2am, I actually knew otherwise. Sorry, I should have used my sarcasm icon. I have a pretty good grasp on state statutes.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:34 PM

507 posts, read 1,659,162 times
haha, i dont know for every state but for most states, they dont serve at all on sunday

Old 04-27-2009, 02:07 PM

oh boy smguy, what states have you been to?

Old 04-27-2009, 02:22 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,436,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smguy101 View Post
haha, i dont know for every state but for most states, they dont serve at all on sunday
Most states? Maybe most Southern states.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:31 PM

We got plenty drunk on a Sunday in Georgia, not Tennessee though.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:43 PM

795 posts, read 2,409,247 times
Quote:
You can buy boose here in Colorado on sundays. I cant imagine which is better, clubs that are open without booze in texas or being able to make a beer run for a nice sunday BBQ...

Old 04-27-2009, 02:47 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times
Quote:
As it is in every state, Everything stops serving alcohol at 2, but th eclub could stay open past that.
Stay open for what? As I recall from my single/bar days, once the liquor was shut off, it was time to either hook up or go home and sleep, before the lights came on or the buzz wore off!

Old 04-27-2009, 02:51 PM

128 posts, read 437,175 times
smguy101...plenty of states allow liquor to be sold on Sunday, I'd hesitate to say the majority don't serve on Sunday. Where exactly have you traveled? Also liquor laws can vary from county to county (or parish to parish in Louisiana) so be careful about blanket statements.

I just moved here from south Louisiana (Lafayette to be exact) and all the bars there closed at 2AM unless they were non-alcoholic bars/clubs...and trust me, they love their alcohol down there Can buy on Sunday until midnight too. I've seen more restrictive liquor laws and store hours in the midwest than elsewhere I've been (I avoid the east coast). Rochester, MN...liquor stores closed by 8PM if memory serves from last year and you can't buy regular strength beer at anywhere BUT liquor stores (just like here). If you do it's watered down to 3.2%, completely stupid if you ask me but that's politics for ya

Actually, MOST bars and clubs closed at 2AM. In Opelousas (about 15 miles north of Lafayette) about two years ago they allowed the bars to stay open all night and it has caused some escalation with fights and vehicle accidents and other things related to people drinking. Many residents and the police want the hours cut back to 2AM for obvious reasons.

New Orleans? New Orleans, especially the French Quarter, is a tad different than the rest of the southern part of the state Partying is what they base half their tourism draw on so of course many bars will serve alcohol to all hours of the morning.

I'm curious who would want to stay at a bar/club after it stopped serving alcohol unless you were rolling or tripping or something...but if you were doing that there was no point in drinking (imho).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver