U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2009, 12:24 AM

2 posts, read 3,276 times

Advertisements

Will be moving to Denver in about 3 weeks. Got an apartment in Cheesman Park. I have to commute to an office park that is right near Centennial Airport (seemed like a good landmark). I will be driving to TeleTech, which is on S. Peoria St. right off of exit 2 from 470.

Google maps says a distance of 16.6 miles, which doesn't sound like a lot. I understand 25 can be bad, but it is 4 or 5 lanes, which seems good. Also, I will be going out of downtown in the morning and coming back in in the evening which seems better than the opposite.

Any estimates on time in traffic would be appreciated, or anything else I should know about this commute. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 09:38 AM

156 posts, read 633,605 times
I drive up and down Arapaho (past Centennial Airport), and south on I-25 from Arapaho to 470 every weekday morning around 6:45 a.m. taking my kids to school (during the school year) and I've noticed the traffic going west bound on Arapaho doesn't start to get bad until after 7:45 a.m (on my way back home). I've never ever seen traffic of any consequence going east bound on Arapaho, and never run into any traffic going southbound in I-25, ever, at those times of day. And as you said, going southbound on 25 is going against the flow, so I think you'll be fine.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:10 AM

10,920 posts, read 29,431,570 times
I-25 to Arapahoe Road - Arapahoe is Centennial's "Main Street."

Try light rail.

Old 06-06-2009, 10:57 AM

965 posts, read 867,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caly312 View Post
Will be moving to Denver in about 3 weeks. Got an apartment in Cheesman Park. I have to commute to an office park that is right near Centennial Airport (seemed like a good landmark). I will be driving to TeleTech, which is on S. Peoria St. right off of exit 2 from 470.

Google maps says a distance of 16.6 miles, which doesn't sound like a lot. I understand 25 can be bad, but it is 4 or 5 lanes, which seems good. Also, I will be going out of downtown in the morning and coming back in in the evening which seems better than the opposite.

Any estimates on time in traffic would be appreciated, or anything else I should know about this commute. Thanks!
I-25 can be bad Southbound in the morning and Northbound at night due to the large amount of people who commute to work in the DTC. Your commute time depends a lot on when you'll be traveling.

In no traffic you're looking at 10 minutes to get to the highway from Cheesman Park and then 15 minutes to get to Peoria and Arapahoe - so about 25 minutes one way. At the height of rush hour, I could see this potentially doubling.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:43 PM

345 posts, read 872,140 times
Avoid arapahoe. Take one exit south at Dry Creek. Traffic moves much faster. You can head east on Easter which doesn't have any traffic. I commute through the area daily and work off Arapahoe and Jordan Rd.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:10 AM

1,700 posts, read 4,069,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximusmgm View Post
Avoid arapahoe. Take one exit south at Dry Creek. Traffic moves much faster. You can head east on Easter which doesn't have any traffic. I commute through the area daily and work off Arapahoe and Jordan Rd.
I second that. It's good to get used to not driving on Arapahoe just so you know the alternate side roads. I-25 South should be ok, heading back north at rush hour I have seen traffic jams at times. Depends on whether there are events going on, people heading to downtown at night, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or