U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 01:38 AM

1 posts, read 4,930 times

Advertisements

I am coming to denver in less than a week, staying at the hyatt hotel in / @ down town, where is closest fishing oportunity. I am from canada and see that u folks have sunfish, crappies, bass, cats, blue gilll/////// dont have that here. QANYTHING WITHING WALKING OF THE HYATT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 12:58 PM

53 posts, read 159,070 times
Not sure about Denver proper. We do have the Platte running through and you could probably pull in a carp or two. If you have a car, there will be some great fly fishing soon on the rivers 60-90min from Denver - Blue River, S Platte (esp the Dream Stream), etc. as the spring spawn (trout) is around the corner.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:20 PM

11,173 posts, read 12,802,180 times
They sell fish here at grocery stores so you can save yourself the bother

Old 03-06-2008, 08:48 PM

4,931 posts, read 8,804,991 times
The nearest fishing is the South Platte which is about one and half miles from the new Hyatt. Why walk when you can ride.

We have a free 16th Street Mall shuttle that runs northwest to southwest through downtown. It runs from Union Station to Civic Station, near the Capital. See the RTD Website The Regional Transportation District Home Page and look for ROUTE MALL, Mall Shuttle.

Hyatt is on 15th, just walk to 16th, away from the convention center and on every corner there is a stop. Cross 16th Street, it is a pedestrian Mall and go Northwest, toward the mountain.

Take it to the end which is Union Station, about a mile. Walk from Union Station West, go over some pedestrian bridges, toward all the new Condos, through Commons Park and you will hit the Platte. About 1/3 mile to Platte from Union, on foot.

Or You can walk southwest from the hotel, past the convention center, and you will hit Cherry Creek, You can then walk northwest along the creek path to the Platt. It will meet the Platte at Confluence Park, about a mile and half distance from hotel.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 4,673 times
Default Visiting Denver, looking to go trout fishing

Hi all, I'm going to be in Denver sometime after Apr 13th. I'm looking for someone who might want to go fishing. I live in Pensacola, Fl and would be willing to take you out in the Gulf in exchange. If you know any diehards or other forums to contact, pls let me know. Also check out our forum [URL="http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com"]www.pensacolafishingforum.com[/URL] . Thanks all, Skip

Old 04-06-2009, 02:48 PM

1,517 posts, read 4,130,809 times
You might want to have this post moved to the 'Colorado' forum as the typical Denverite does not fish for trout, only carp found in the local lakes. A few other types in the resivors but you need to get to places like Grand Lake, Steamboat Springs and other lakes that are stocked with trout. In the 'Colorado' forums you will find folks who live in those areas and don't always check the 'Denver' forums. Happy Fishing.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:29 PM

8,668 posts, read 19,313,007 times
I think you can just buy them, already fished, at the grocery store!

Old 06-07-2009, 09:25 AM

14 posts, read 28,930 times
Default Fishing in Denver?

hi all, I was just curious what kind of lakes, rivers, streams, ponds may be around Denver that offer decent fishing. Are there any bodies of water nearby to warrant a boat?

thanks!

Old 06-07-2009, 01:02 PM

119 posts, read 302,766 times
Denver isn't like the south or midwest for lakes and other fishing opportunities but there is definitely some choices along the front range. Chatfield Reservoir is a popular place and is a lot bigger than it looks along 470. I know of a lot of people that like Cherry Creek Reservoir and then as you head north by Boulder, Longmont, Loveland and Fort Collins there are a lot of lakes to spend your day on.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:46 AM
Nav

346 posts, read 880,249 times
You wont really find "lakes, Rivers and Streams" much around Denver. The lakes are the reservoirs and they are full of boat traffic so unless you get there real early or stay along an unpopulated shore it wont be very peaceful. The Platte River does run through town but I've heard the fishing isn't very good since it runs through heavily populated areas. You can, however, head up in to the mountains where you will find good fishing in the fast moving streams. Forget about taking your boat, since the water moves too fast for anything other than a kayak or a white water canoe. You only have to go about an hour out of town but the drive is scenic and the time passes quickly.

Nav
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver