Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 07:30 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,397,079 times

Advertisements

I have been in Colorado since the 1970s and this is the longest period of rains and clouds that I ever experienced in this sunny???? state.

I have thought for a long time that it would have been better to settle in the Northwest because of the lush green landscape. Having grown up in Western New York, I missed overcast cloudy days. As time, went on, I discovered I liked the semi-arid climate here because, of the low humidity and I now only live happily on the sunny days. Then, I got ill and developed severe arthritis and now just the thought of the Northwest with all the rain, makes my joints complain.

But, now, in these past weeks, I am in agony. My joints hurt. I am starting to suffer from this cloudy induced depressions. This post is to remind new comers that this is not normal weather for this extended period. Yes, we get some rain but not this much.

Rain, Rain, Go Away, this Old Man wants to Play.

Livecontent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 07:34 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
On the contrary, I am loving it! Everything is nice and green. I don't run the sprinklers, the temp is great for sleeping....I know it won't last forever and I could certainly do without the tornados but all in all? I love hearing the rain on my roof (hail, not so much - my peonies have suffered), I love the lazy feeling of an overcast day, with rain, thunder etc. I feel like I can breathe! Soon enough, it will be 90 and sunny and the ground will feel like concrete again. sigh....

Old 06-14-2009, 10:41 PM

227 posts, read 1,008,799 times
But will it?

Old 06-14-2009, 11:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
According to Accuweather, next week is supposed to be mostly in the 90s. I'm talking about the week of June 21, mind you.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Nav

346 posts, read 1,490,659 times
The rain is a nice refreshing change from the typical spring. If this was last year, it would be in the 90's by now and miserable. Just think, we could be getting all this rain during the winter, in the form of snow. Would you rather have an afternoon thundershower or be shoveling your driveway everyday

Sit back, relax and enjoy the beautiful weather. It won't last forever!

Nav

Old 06-15-2009, 04:22 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,397,079 times
This rain will not last forever. Last June was considered one the driest and hottest on record. Yes, the rain on the plain is a big help for summer moisture but the big snow pack, high up in the mountains, is the real value in the water bank, especially if it stays cold so that is slowly melts and replenishes the reservoirs.

But I need the glorious sun to
Livecontent

Old 06-15-2009, 05:56 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,956,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav View Post
If this was last year, it would be in the 90's by now and miserable.
90s and miserable are contradictory terms . What's good for a bluegrass yard and what's good for a person trying to enjoy Colorado's fleeting warm season are two totally different things.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:00 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Colorado's fleeting warm season
Seriously? It is more often "warm" than not around here. To me "warm is between 60-80. Once we get past that it's HOT....which has recently been all of June, July and August into September. Hardly "fleeting"....

Old 06-15-2009, 06:02 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,414,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
I have been in Colorado since the 1970s and this is the longest period of rains and clouds that I ever experienced in this sunny???? state.

I have thought for a long time that it would have been better to settle in the Northwest because of the lush green landscape. Having grown up in Western New York, I missed overcast cloudy days. As time, went on, I discovered I liked the semi-arid climate here because, of the low humidity and I now only live happily on the sunny days. Then, I got ill and developed severe arthritis and now just the thought of the Northwest with all the rain, makes my joints complain.

But, now, in these past weeks, I am in agony. My joints hurt. I am starting to suffer from this cloudy induced depressions. This post is to remind new comers that this is not normal weather for this extended period. Yes, we get some rain but not this much.

Rain, Rain, Go Away, this Old Man wants to Play.

Livecontent
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your joints. My right had has been buzzing on and off the past two weeks because of this weather. It is strange how a little off weather can make your nerves go wacko.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:01 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,048,379 times
Has anybody taken a close look at Chatfield Reservoir recently? Yesterday, we visited family, and everyone was commenting about how high it is this year!

I, for one, am not complaining about the moisture, although I could do without the hail. We re-seeded the dead spots in our backyard a few weeks ago, and the new grass has gotten off to a great start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver