U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-29-2009, 06:02 AM

3 posts, read 3,412 times
Default possible relocating

I am a single female that is looking to relocate and was thinking about Denver, Co. area. I miss the west. I am looking for a diverse area and looking for adventure. I love the outdoors. I also need somewhere I can find a job easily. Any thoughts or suggestions??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 09:49 AM

103 posts, read 179,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagirl_78 View Post
I am a single female that is looking to relocate and was thinking about Denver, Co. area. I miss the west. I am looking for a diverse area and looking for adventure. I love the outdoors. I also need somewhere I can find a job easily. Any thoughts or suggestions??
Are you in TN now?
Ugh, we just moved from the Chattanooga Area to the Boulder Area and are so much happier.
TN does have some good outdoors stuff, but I've found CO has as much, if not more (bigger mountains!) to do without the southern stereotypes.
Not sure about job info as I'm unemployed (was telecommuting back to TN until 3 months ago) but I'm sure if you post what kind of job you're looking for, the people here will be glad to help.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Nav

346 posts, read 818,705 times
Are you looking for a house or do you want to rent?
Do you like Urban, Suburban or Rural living?
Do you like to use public transportation or do you prefer to drive your car?
What line of work are you looking for?

give us a bit more info and we can direct you where to look

Nav

Old 07-01-2009, 05:50 AM

Yes I am in the knoxville area....i'm not orginally from here so i don't like it...yes the west has real mtns as my family says. Hope the job search goes well. Oh what time of year did you move? and how long did it take you guys?

I have experience in customer service which I know is broad but right now I work in a bank as a teller and also have my hair license. I have worked in an office atmosphere and retail. I would love to find an area that has the best of both worlds....to start out though I think I will need to be in a more populated area. I am looking for an apartment to rent in a good area. So I was curious as to what the average rent is on a 1 or 2 bedroom apt. I would like to be in an area where i can do things outdoors. As far as tranportation, I am living in an area that hasn't a clue what sidewalks and buses are, so change would be a challenge. I have lived overseas most of my life growing up, so diversity is a major plus....non judgemental would be even better, bc i live in the southern baptist bible belt...if that explains anything. Of course i would love to be living around keystone or breckinridge.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 07-01-2009 at 09:46 AM.. Reason: Merged 2:1

Old 07-01-2009, 10:20 AM

1,333 posts, read 2,968,275 times
If you have your hair/cosmetology license, you will have to get one in Colorado. It's tons of paperwork and fees.
I used to cut hair in Evergreen. Lot's of nice salons there!
There of course are many options around that area, Golden, Morrison, Kittridge,Conifer, etc. Cheaper than Breckenridge or Keystone.
Good Luck!!

Old 07-01-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheridanL View Post
If you have your hair/cosmetology license, you will have to get one in Colorado. It's tons of paperwork and fees.
I used to cut hair in Evergreen. Lot's of nice salons there!
There of course are many options around that area, Golden, Morrison, Kittridge,Conifer, etc. Cheaper than Breckenridge or Keystone.
Good Luck!!
thank you

Old 07-01-2009, 03:58 PM

103 posts, read 179,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagirl_78 View Post
Yes I am in the knoxville area....i'm not orginally from here so i don't like it...yes the west has real mtns as my family says. Hope the job search goes well. Oh what time of year did you move? and how long did it take you guys?

I have experience in customer service which I know is broad but right now I work in a bank as a teller and also have my hair license. I have worked in an office atmosphere and retail. I would love to find an area that has the best of both worlds....to start out though I think I will need to be in a more populated area. I am looking for an apartment to rent in a good area. So I was curious as to what the average rent is on a 1 or 2 bedroom apt. I would like to be in an area where i can do things outdoors. As far as tranportation, I am living in an area that hasn't a clue what sidewalks and buses are, so change would be a challenge. I have lived overseas most of my life growing up, so diversity is a major plus....non judgemental would be even better, bc i live in the southern baptist bible belt...if that explains anything. Of course i would love to be living around keystone or breckinridge.
we were originally from the northeast, so in the south we were called "yankees."
I think the area we were living (Chattanooga/NW GA) was even more religious than Knoxville. We went to Knoxville a few times and thought it was pretty cool.
I think most people that aren't from the south that move there end up leaving because of the stereotypes (yes, I know everyone there isn't racist/close minded/super religious...but a lot!)

Old 07-02-2009, 10:56 AM

8,399 posts, read 17,893,759 times
how do you define diverse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver