Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2007, 07:17 PM

435 posts, read 1,808,769 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I will most likely be moving to Denver in a few months (which I am really excited about btw!) & I was wondering about the cell phone service out in Denver. I have Cingular & I would love to keep it out there if I can. I've looked on the map on the Cingular website & it looks like the Denver area is covered, but its kind of hard to tell. Do any of you have Cingular & if so, how is the coverage?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2007, 07:21 PM

42 posts, read 200,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethebigcity View Post
Hi all,

I will most likely be moving to Denver in a few months (which I am really excited about btw!) & I was wondering about the cell phone service out in Denver. I have Cingular & I would love to keep it out there if I can. I've looked on the map on the Cingular website & it looks like the Denver area is covered, but its kind of hard to tell. Do any of you have Cingular & if so, how is the coverage?

Thanks!
I do not know about the northern part of the state but it really was not good in the southern. Dropped calls real bad.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:05 PM

210 posts, read 1,341,395 times
I have Cingular and overall it works for me in the Denver area and north, around Fort Collins, Loveland, etc.... it can be spotty if you get into the mountains (and apparently in the south of the state--I'm not south much so I can't vouch there).

Old 04-24-2007, 04:28 PM

291 posts, read 2,069,550 times
Cingular/AT&T serves Denver just fine. They are not the best, which was the fault of the old AT&T by not upgrading. Other carriers got better in that time, and now Cingular/AT&T is playing catch-up. Most likely it will work fine for you everywhere in the metro area.

Cingular/AT&T does not have a license for the southern half of the state, except for a stretch along I-25 from Pueblo south. They are at the mercy of roaming on other carriers, mostly Alltel. The same for areas from Winter Park and beyond.

But those are issues you can address after you have settled in and decide if you will actually travel to those areas, which do have adequate service, albeit roaming.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:34 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,309,597 times
How about Verizon? Are they pretty solid along the front range?

Old 04-24-2007, 04:57 PM

291 posts, read 2,069,550 times
Verizon is clearly #1, with Sprint #2, closely followed by T-Mobile. Nextel and AT&T/Cingular are near the bottom, with Cricket definitely last. I do this for a living.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillRadio View Post
Verizon is clearly #1, with Sprint #2, closely followed by T-Mobile. Nextel and AT&T/Cingular are near the bottom, with Cricket definitely last. I do this for a living.
I've been very happy with Verizon since I switched to them from Cingular a few years ago. Good to hear their network in Colorado is good too.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:45 PM

Thanks for the info. I've been content with Cingular & I really didn't want to go through the hassle of changing things over with my phone. It'll be good once AT&T/Cingular catch up. I'm used to having spotty service when I lived in Indiana & used Cingular (had to hang out my apartment's window to use it).

Old 04-24-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethebigcity View Post
Cingular (had to hang out my apartment's window to use it).
You really shouldn't have to do that. My coverage with Cingular was similarly spotty. I switched to Verizon and experienced less dead spots in a month with Verizon than I did in a day with Cingular. You can change carriers now and keep your phone number.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
You really shouldn't have to do that. My coverage with Cingular was similarly spotty. I switched to Verizon and experienced less dead spots in a month with Verizon than I did in a day with Cingular. You can change carriers now and keep your phone number.
Oh I don't have to do that now (thank goodness). It was kind of funny really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver