Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 05:51 PM

1,946 posts, read 5,384,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzimmerman View Post
The reality is that people in the burbs will drive to the PNR, and they will take it downtown for work or a baseball game or whatever. A pathway through to the west side of the highway would serve about 50 houses that are close enough to walk, and would create parking problems for the people who live there. I live about a 10-minute walk from the station on the east side. My neighbors think that I'm mounting an expedition when I walk over to get the train.

And by the way, there are two buses that would have taken you from the Southmoor station west on Hampden. Buses are part of a public transport solution in a relatively undense (not a word, I know) city. I use them all the time to go to work in Greenwood Plaza.
Exactly. The local metro/light rail doesn't just cater to the people in walking distance to the station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 07:56 PM

664 posts, read 2,066,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers29 View Post
Exactly. The local metro/light rail doesn't just cater to the people in walking distance to the station.
And to mention that the vast majority of the sales tax that is brought into RTD is from people who don't live within walking distance to the station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver