U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2009, 12:42 PM

4 posts, read 7,824 times

Advertisements

My husband has family in denver and we want to get the heck out of louisiana, i will admit, i am used to small town living and believe me when i say small, my hometown is called "the village of holden" so.. yeah lol I hate the heat and especially the humidity.. having super curly hair + louisiana humidity = big frizzy mess! my husband is ready to get away from here also, and we see denver as our best option... if any of you could please tell me what areas and what town and stuff are the ones to stay away from, and which ones wuold be best to go to. i want something thats not in the ghetto lol i've lived there for a long time, im tired of it, want something new and different, so any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 12:49 PM

111 posts, read 229,905 times
There are no ghetto's left in Denver, 15 years ago there was five points and logan square, now those are all cleaned up.

In reference to areas of Denver not as nice as others, just stay away from Colfax (that's a street that runs all the way across Denver, straight through downtown) as a general rule. Some areas it's quite nice around colfax, but more than not colfax is going to be the cheaper dirtier areas, otherwise, I don't know what to say. There's really no areas to stay away from in Denver, having lived there my whole life in many different parts, I can't say I would feel uncomfortable in any area at all.

If I were to suggest an area, my favorite places to live, are Lakewood, Golden, and Arvada. they're very cozy not up scale but super friendly down to earth areas to live.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:54 PM

thats what im looking for! something not where there is gonna be a bunch of uppidy stuck up people, neighboors that will actually talk to me and be friends with my husband and i.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:04 PM

20,853 posts, read 39,085,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLDrake530 View Post
thats what im looking for! something not where there is gonna be a bunch of uppidy stuck up people, neighboors that will actually talk to me and be friends with my husband and i.
LOTS of great areas in and around Denver. We've a member on here named MickTooth who came from NOLA after Katrina, he and his family love it here; you can find his postings with the advanced search tool.

Tell us more about your job, kids, schools, hobbies, price range, etc and we'll zero in on some great choices.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:01 PM

111 posts, read 229,905 times
Oh yeah, and stay the hell out of Lakeside. Around Lakeside is ok, just not in Lakeside. between Sheridan and wadsworth from say 50th to 44th, or somewhere about that. This is like a blind spot in Denver because they have their own independent municipality or something of that nature, even though the sole money earner in the area has been borderline out of business for years.

And don't ever ride any rides in Lakeside. Just drive on by.

Old 09-01-2009, 01:55 PM

Cool =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
LOTS of great areas in and around Denver. We've a member on here named MickTooth who came from NOLA after Katrina, he and his family love it here; you can find his postings with the advanced search tool.

Tell us more about your job, kids, schools, hobbies, price range, etc and we'll zero in on some great choices.
well right now im just a house wife looking for a job, down here it's very difficult for me to find a job, I know a lot about clothing and beauty retail. and some restaurants. but my husband is currently working for walmart but what he wants to do is either use his degree in culinary arts and be a chef or become a cop. that's what he really wants. im also an amateur photographer but I need a new camera lol the one I have is broken and kinda old. I really wanna start a photography business =) but we don't have any kids at the moment but we will be settling down in denver so our kids are probably going to grow up there but for right now until I can get some credit because right now I have none, we'll be renting i've looked at some apartments online and saw an apartment place called the artisan apartment homes. had some one bedrooms that were nice but if anyone knows where I can find a really nice apartments around denver, for about 400 -450 a month that would be wonderful!

Old 09-01-2009, 02:08 PM

20,853 posts, read 39,085,412 times
Okay, now we're getting somewhere. Artisan apartment homes is listed on the website for Wonderland Homes and claims to be in Stapleton, which generally is a very good area and there are lots of Stapleton threads listed in the Index or found with the search tool.

Since your career status is so wide open, the Stapleton location will be a fine starting point, then after a year or so you can re-assess your situation and location.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or