U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 02:11 PM

8 posts, read 24,955 times
Default Has this man actually been to Denver?

I'm not even originally from Denver, but I have to defend it!

Education: Some of the school districts in the Denver Metro Area are very highly sought after by parents in search of good schools for their kids. Cherry Creek & Douglas County, more specifically.

The people in Denver are not toothless white trash hillbillies either. Denver people are generally very young, fit, tanned (lots of sun), educated people. The median age in the entire state is only 34, so people here are pretty young. There are tons of great trendy places here, as well as the second largest performing arts complex in the USA, second only to The Lincoln Center in New York.

Unlike some cities I've been to, Denver and the metro area are kept well groomed and attractive. Like anywhere, there are areas around town that are a bit more shady than others, but when compared to other places like the sketchy parts of LA, it's nothing.

I see someone on here posted something about Denver being conservative, upright, clueless, and religious; if religion bothers you, you'll be pleased to hear that Denver is the #2 "Most Unchurched City in the U.S." Colorado Springs is the one that's totally conservative, scary conservative.

People here, generally, are not uneducated. In Denver alone I can think of University of Colorado at Denver, Metropolitan State College of Denver, Johnson & Wales University, University of Denver, community colleges, the Art Institute of Colorado...then you have Boulder with University of CO Boulder just a little bit NW.

When you compare Denver to NYC or LA, obviously, it's not even close to the size of those cities and doesn't have as much going on. But nevertheless, it's far from a cow town - there is no rural feeling in the city. The rapidly growing metro area sprawls for miles and miles and there are things to do. I will say, this state in general is not for couch potatoes - there is a lot to do outdoors here.

PS - the educated community here is not just from other places - I know a lot of people who are here FOR school. Then, you have people from here who went to school elsewhere and moved back. Several of my neighbors are graduates of Harvard, Vanderbilt, Columbia, etc.

It's a good place and the weather is not that bad. Yes, it snows in the winter, but the thing is, the sun is out so often, it melts the next day down here. In the mountains, it's snowy most of the year. I prefer it to the NE area myself, but that's just me.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:02 PM

17,114 posts, read 23,464,032 times
We've got 70 posts on a silly topic because some dude in a taxi in a far away city didn't care for our town. Enough. Thread closed.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver