U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-26-2009, 05:33 AM
 
Location: Denver
692 posts, read 2,416,106 times
Reputation: 365

Advertisements

So if a guy is offered a job in Lakewood, and was considering moving
his family, but is not familiar with the area......
Where would he find a diverse ( yet safe ) working class neighborhood
within a half hour from Lakewood ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-26-2009, 05:56 AM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,227 posts, read 24,312,750 times
Reputation: 12942
Quote:
Originally Posted by danco View Post
So if a guy is offered a job in Lakewood, and was considering moving
his family, but is not familiar with the area......
Where would he find a diverse ( yet safe ) working class neighborhood
within a half hour from Lakewood ?
Why diverse?
Is diverse expected to be unsafe?
Why working class?

Price range?

Start with Lakewood, much of it can be considered working class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 18 days ago)
 
Location: Just south of Denver since 1989
10,882 posts, read 29,307,638 times
Reputation: 7085
Where in Lakewood? Define "safe" and "diverse" please.

What else is important?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2009, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Denver
692 posts, read 2,416,106 times
Reputation: 365
Quote:
Why diverse?
Is diverse expected to be unsafe?
Why working class?
Quote:
Define "safe" and "diverse" please.

We like a Hispanic flavor w/o the gangs.
Working class connotes mid range prices and
quieter neighbors. Generally a family friendly
neighborhood where children can safely walk to school,
and not have to worry if a homeless person may be mentally
ill child molester. ( Seattle has many homeless pervs )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2009, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,227 posts, read 24,312,750 times
Reputation: 12942
Quote:
Originally Posted by danco View Post
We like a Hispanic flavor w/o the gangs.
Working class connotes mid range prices and
quieter neighbors. Generally a family friendly
neighborhood where children can safely walk to school,
and not have to worry if a homeless person may be mentally
ill child molester. ( Seattle has many homeless pervs )


Harvey Park South (SW Denver), maybe some of the older parts of Lakewood. Much of Adams County too (Thornton, Northglenn, Westminster, Commerce City), but those would be a longer (and unnecessary) commute to Lakewood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:36 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top