U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2009, 08:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,256 times

Advertisements

I am planning on moving the family to the Denver area next summer once my daughter is done with school. I am doing my due diligence as far as schools, rent, things to do etc. I need some help with what would be better options Aurora, Denver, or surrounding areas. The most important thing is getting my daughter into a good school "3rd grade" and that rent wont be so high $600-$800 range. Any help would be appreciated. We would be moving from a small town in Indiana "although I'm a New Yorker born and raised" looking for a much more family oriented area. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 09:04 AM

530 posts, read 2,413,409 times
I'm originally from NY. My family and I moved to Louisville a few years ago Best Places to Live 2009 - Top 100: City details: Louisville, CO - from MONEY Magazine We just love it here. We researched schools a lot and so far we are happy with the Boulder Valley Schools. My son is a sophomore in HS and my daughter is in 8th grade special ed, so we had to do a lot of research. Is there a specific reason you must be in Denver proper? If not, look into several of the surrounding areas. You will love it here!

Old 09-28-2009, 09:17 AM

2 posts, read 2,256 times
Is there a specific reason you must be in Denver proper? If not, look into several of the surrounding areas. You will love it here!

Well I have a family member who moved out ther earlier this year and loves it. He lives in Denver " cherry creek area" we live in a small town in indiana been here for about a year and a half and hate it. We have moved a few times NYC, Madison, Wi, Orlando,Fl, now here. Just looking for a place where there are a lot of things to do with the family but also where my daughter is gonna be safe and go to a good school.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:23 AM

1,176 posts, read 4,037,203 times
6-800 is not going to go very far in any place near any large city in Colorado.

Your question has been asked a few hundred times on this forum, a search should yield enough answers.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:39 PM

4,881 posts, read 9,632,372 times
What are you looking to rent for $600-$800 per month? Any of the areas with good schools are not going to have anything beyond a studio apartment for that amount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or