U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:39 AM

3 posts, read 4,338 times
Default questions re: bradburn/stapleton

Hello -
We are considering a move to Denver from the east coast for a job at the new children's hospital in Aurora - we have 3 young kids and are hoping to stay in the 400k's though could go into low 500's...

I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on comparing Bradburn village to Stapleton as far as commute time, schools, atmosphere, mix of people, cost of real estate...?

Also, we are Jewish - are there Jewish people in either community? Synagogue near either one?

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 12:07 PM

8,402 posts, read 17,893,759 times
Stapleton would be the closer to Children's choice.

and Jewish life has been explored here too. Search for Jewish in the Denver forum.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:07 PM

2,301 posts, read 3,650,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lily610 View Post
Hello -
We are considering a move to Denver from the east coast for a job at the new children's hospital in Aurora - we have 3 young kids and are hoping to stay in the 400k's though could go into low 500's...

I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on comparing Bradburn village to Stapleton as far as commute time, schools, atmosphere, mix of people, cost of real estate...?

Also, we are Jewish - are there Jewish people in either community? Synagogue near either one?

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks...
Others will fill you in on the details of the two communities (there are posters here who live in each of the communities).

There are plenty of Jewish people spread throughout the Denver metro area.

Westminster, where Bradburn is located has two synagogues, Congregation B'nai Torah and Chabad Synagogue & Cultural Center. In nearby areas, including for example Boulder, there are more communities.

The area around Stapleton is close to one of the two areas of Denver that historically had many Jewish people, southeast Denver. There are many synagogues in Denver. Here's a good link to the list of Synagogues, at MileChai (http://www.milechai.com/shul.htm - broken link), a great resource for Jewish people in Colorado.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:09 PM

3 posts, read 4,338 times
Thanks!

Old 10-08-2009, 02:48 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,814,051 times
You don't want to live in Broomfield if you are working at Children's. That commute would be insane. 270 is a parking lot daily as is I-25 frequently.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:44 PM

67,386 posts, read 55,016,144 times
I agree with steveindenver.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:50 PM

291 posts, read 555,109 times
One of the best places for you is south east Denver, in the area between 6th and Alameda. The Denver Academy of Torah is just east of Monoco on Alameda. Plus you have a much closer proxcimity to work. I just did a search of solds and active listings from $425 to $525K in that general area. I did a grid search with 8th Ave on the north, Exposition on the south for the north/south axis and Holly on the west and just east of Quebec on the east. I came up with 14 sold homes and three active listings. The actives started at $460K and topped out at $490k.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:04 AM

626 posts, read 1,087,364 times
I live in Bradburn and have visited Stapleton frequently. Have neighbors in Bradburn that moved from Stapleton and we've compared notes on the two communities so here goes:

Before I start, I would agree with the other posters that the commute from Bradburn to Aurora would not be fun at all. In rush hour, expect at least an hour. In non rush hour, about 30 minutes. Stapleton is much, much closer commute-wise for you.

1. Schools. Bradburn has excellent schools elementary through high school. Stapleton has good schools also but is experiencing serious overcrowding issues which you can read about here:

Greene: Stapleton botches delivery - The Denver Post

Denver Public Schools, Stapleton parents, and the developer are working on a solution and recently Stapleton's developer offered 5 million dollars to build a new elementary school--however, a new school costs 12-15 million and the district has to come up with the money to run it, I'm unsure if they will but hope so. This would really be a concern if one of your kids is going to enter kindergarten in the next three years since even if they manage to build a school, it will take time. They may bring in trailers to help in the meantime, they are supposed to have a meeting this month to discuss possible solutions.

Recently, I've heard about some Stapleton parents looking to move to Bradburn because of the school issues--some because of the overcrowding, but some because DPS doesn't or won't provide for their special needs child (don't know the details on this though). I would not not recommend Stapleton for people with kids because of this issue, but it's something you need to be aware of/keep an eye on.

2. Atmosphere. Both Bradburn and Stapleton are friendly, open neighborhoods with a strong sense of community. The main difference here is that Stapleton is so much larger than Bradburn it can seem a bit more "impersonal". Bradburn is more cozy--you will know everyone in most of the houses, it's more like a small village.

3. Mix of people. Stapleton is more diverse than Bradburn because it is larger and because it's closer to the city core. Bradburn is diverse politically but not racially. Most of the people in Bradburn (around 80%) are couples (both gay and straight) with young kids (age 10 down).

4. Real Estate. Bradburn is cheaper by about 30-50K for the same house (New Town Builders builds in both so you can compare). Values are holding fine in both neighborhoods. Bigger selection of home types in Stapleton (People complain about KB homes which is valid I believe but I do love those Martha Stewart homes they have there, very cute).

5. Yes, we have Jewish residents in Bradburn as well as Mormon, Christian, and atheists and many others. There is a Presbyterian church in the neighborhood which some residents attend, but the church is very respectful and does not evangelize. Religion never comes up really, it's not something people here talk about or judge.

Old 10-09-2009, 11:55 AM

4,267 posts, read 2,765,088 times
You might want to consider Lowry as well since it is similiar to Stapleton and Bradburn Village, closer to your new job and borders a very Jewish area of Denver (the area that Jerry bckr referred to in his post)

Old 10-09-2009, 12:38 PM

67,386 posts, read 55,016,144 times
The commute from Bradburn to Children's would be similar to the commute from Broomfield. I would not recommend it. I agree with those who say live on the east side of town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver