U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2009, 06:34 PM

68 posts, read 106,791 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am wondering if people up in Denver tend to be "socially disconnected" with regards to wanting to make new friends, date, etc. In other words, do people up in Denver try their hardest to avoid eye contact with strangers and avidly avoid trying to make new friends, etc? What I have just described is very prevalent amongst the residents down here in Colorado Springs. I currently attend PPCC here in Colorado Springs and the folks that I attend classes with (minus the faculty) are some of the most unfriendly and stuck up people that I have been around in my entire life. So, to get to the point, I have a very important decision approaching with regards to where I am going to attend my last years of college. I can either move up to Denver and attend CU-Denver for my chosen program OR I can move down to Austin, TX and attend UT since they are now giving ex-military folks such as myself in state tuition. I really want to move to the city that has the friendliest people between the two aforementioned cities. I really hope that I don't get into trouble with the mods for saying this, but the women in this city (to include out in public and in school) will not even give a guy the time of day. In fact, just yesterday I tried to make eye contact with a lady in the store (who obviously wasn't married and wasn't wearing a ring) by simply smiling at her and she refused to make eye contact with me. I honestly just do not get the people or the culture here in Colorado. I had a couple of friends at my former workplace who were both from MN (I'm from the southeast) and they noticed the same things about the people here that I am mentioning to you all in this thread. So, I know that I am not crazy or that it is just "all in my head".
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 10:01 AM

20,904 posts, read 39,179,200 times
A shame that women don't throw themselves at our feet; they obviously fail to see the towering awesomeness of the male species. I've been trying for years to find the nirvana where women have low expectations and worship the ground I walk on. Many years ago, I watched The Stepford Wives over and over, tears of joy flowing, nay, cascading down my rosy, boyish cheeks like the mighty Columbia torrentially flowing down from Canada. Alas, I've yet to find such fertile fields.

Best of luck in your search, write if you find the happy land of Beaver Meadows.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or