Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2009, 01:09 PM

5 posts, read 12,998 times

Advertisements

Hi I am new to this and wanted to ask a few important ?'s about moving to the Denver area. I don't know much about the are but as a side note I also wanted to state that I use to live in Fort Collins and I absolutely loved it unfortunately I had to move back to Sacramento. My girlfriend's job is transferring to Denver specifically tufts ave. in S. Denver. W are currently looking at Littleton and would like some info.

1.Does anyone know any info about the apts. Fairview at Raccoon creek, and if so have you lived there before?

2.What would the commute be like from Littleton to her work off of tufts ave in S. Denver? Would it be better to use the light rail/bus than car?

3.How is the weather out there? On average what is the amount of expected snow fall?

4.When we get an apt. should we look into getting covered parking, a garage, or a regular parking spot?

5.How hard is it to find a job out there? What places would you suggest that would be a good start?

6. What outdoors things are there to do(ie. hiking, biking, snow shoeing etc.)?

7. Are there any good camping spots around?

8.What are the best places to go out for food?

9.For myself is there any advice on the best way of becoming a police officer and/or state trooper via training facilities or community colleges?

10.Is there any other admirable apt. complexes in Littleton?

Thank you so much for your patience with my writing I know it was long but I need the info thank you so much for your time and efforts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 10:51 AM

6,288 posts, read 11,774,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado1/2010 View Post

3.How is the weather out there? On average what is the amount of expected snow fall?
Not as bad as you would think. Denver gets quite a bit of snow, but it tends to not stick on the ground for long.

Quote:

4.When we get an apt. should we look into getting covered parking, a garage, or a regular parking spot?
Covered parking will be a big help to the maintaining the condition of your car.

Quote:
5.How hard is it to find a job out there? What places would you suggest that would be a good start?
Pretty difficult at the moment. Things are tight.

Quote:
6. What outdoors things are there to do(ie. hiking, biking, snow shoeing etc.)?
You're not serious are you?

Quote:
7. Are there any good camping spots around?
You're not serious are you?

Quote:
8.What are the best places to go out for food?
My favorite is Jerusalem. It's a restaurant by Denver University. good middle eastern food. inexpensive.

Quote:
10.Is there any other admirable apt. complexes in Littleton?
Littleton's a nice place. There's plenty of them.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:55 AM

30 posts, read 127,168 times
My favorite is Jerusalem. It's a restaurant by Denver University. good middle eastern food. inexpensive.

I love Jerusalem! Great food! Great prices! Spanky's next door to it has good specials too

Old 10-23-2009, 01:41 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
I don't know specifics about apartment complexes or employment (I am a SAHM), but I love the Littleton area. We live in Highlands Ranch, and once, on a sunny day just after a snow fall, saw joggers, cyclists, and a cross country skier all on the same path in HR. What an awesome place!

Old 10-23-2009, 02:25 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,936,282 times
On second thought to my previous post (on the other thread), I think the 67 to 66 route would be easier than the 76 to 27 route on RTD. That 1:40 minutes each way per day on the 27 could be quite a drag on one's free time. You'd just have to have a way to get from the end of the 66 at Arapahoe Rd up to Tufts, but there should be lots of buses running that route at working hours.

Driving's probably relatively easy too.

Old 10-23-2009, 03:31 PM

369 posts, read 966,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbktlpn View Post

I love Jerusalem! Great food! Great prices! Spanky's next door to it has good specials too
FWIW - an Illegal Pete's and a Noodles just opened on Evans. The Noodles is in the old Blockbuster location and the Illegal Pete's is in the old Piccolos place.

Old 10-24-2009, 03:34 AM

5 posts, read 12,998 times
thank you any more specifics I should mnow

Old 11-02-2009, 09:44 PM

9 posts, read 15,482 times
Your Gf is probally working for Allied Insurance! Am I right???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver