Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 10:03 AM

40 posts, read 270,564 times

Advertisements

Well, we finally made it here. I know how and where to look for permanent childcare but I'm looking for any drop in type places for temporary use. My husband will be looking for a job so we'd like to find childcare for us to use while he goes on job searches and/or interviews. Since he's not working yet, we really can't afford regular childcare at this time.

Does anyone know of any drop in type places? Or even centers that are more flexible until we are settled permanently?

Thanks in advance!!

Sherrie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2006, 01:20 PM

955 posts, read 3,647,996 times
drop in and part time child care are very difficult to find (we lived near henderson as well). We ended up using two different home daycares while in the area and both were full time. Also.. having now moved i can safely say child care was very expensive in Colorado compaired to the wonderful care we get now!

You can call Adams County (I worked with them for 4 years) to get info re child care as well ... their web site is www.co.adams.co.us

Old 01-20-2007, 07:51 AM

Question What school district does Henderson fall in??

Help please!!

I'm trying to research schools for my children but I can't find which school district Henderson is in. Not much for Henderson at all but the schools I have found have low ratings so I'm trying to verify which district we're in so I know which districts I have to apply or beg to get into. lol
I've found all the neighboring cities . .Brighton, Commerce City and Thornton but they have different districts so I'm not sure where we are.

We just moved here in Nov and my kids are in preschool so the school thing is all new to me. I just saw an article in the news about open enrollment deadlines in February so now I'm scrambling to figure out which school. I can search private schools, but right now I'm looking for public/charters that we're eligible to attend.

TIA!!

Sherrie

Old 01-20-2007, 08:59 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,425,536 times
looks like brighton.

www.brightonps27j.k12.co.us/ (broken link)

Old 08-24-2007, 01:37 PM

320 posts, read 1,733,064 times
Default Henderson CO tell em all you know

I am looking at Parker and Castle Rock but Henderson seem to be very similar and is a lot closer to where I hope to be working.

any thought on the area, schools crime etc...

Old 08-24-2007, 03:32 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,304,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfSoCal View Post
I am looking at Parker and Castle Rock but Henderson seem to be very similar and is a lot closer to where I hope to be working.

any thought on the area, schools crime etc...
What?? Have you ever been to the Denver metro area before? It appears like you haven't. First of all, Henderson is not really a town, or even a real place. It's just an outdated post office address in Adams County-- basically Commerce City. I don't see how Commerce City is similar to Parker or Castle Rock at all-- they have totally different feels. Castle Rock is a higher elevation area south of Denver with rugged bluffs, trees, and foothills. Parker is a town sprawled out along the Cherry Creek river, next to Ponderosa pine forests on the east. Commerce City is in a flat plain of the South Platte, actually lower elevation than Denver itself. It's an industrial area, a lot of oil refineries, smoke stacks, trains. It smells sick, and it's a pretty yucky place.

Now I agree, if you are working there, you would not want to live in Douglas County (Parker or Castle Rock). However, I still wouldn't want to live in Commerce City itself (or Henderson, whatever that is).

Old 08-24-2007, 04:00 PM

320 posts, read 1,733,064 times
Thanx thats great info. I had no idea it was commerce city. I have not yet been to Denver coming out in 3 weeks to scout different areas. Trying to get a feel for the areas so I am not driving all over CO.
by similar I meant you can still buy a house with acreage and neighbor more than 10 feet away

Old 12-19-2007, 11:52 PM

2 posts, read 5,376 times
Default 85/Henderson Area

I am relocating out to the denver area next month and have seen a few rentals out in the henderson area around 85 and 76. I'm just not sure about the neighborhoods. Are they decent neighborhoods? Is it safe in that area?

Any information would be extremely helpful.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:39 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,739,305 times
What does decent mean?

Old 12-20-2007, 06:50 AM

I actually live in one of those neighborhoods off of 85 and 112th. We didn't have time or money to visit first and I wanted something close to work since we were just renting when we moved here last year. However, you can do a lot of research on the web to find out how safe an area is. I didn't find any more crime than anywhere else, checked the sex offender website and not much there, etc.

Our neighborhood is very nice, quiet, lots of kids. Perfect neighborhood IF it were in a different location. lol Nearest grocery store is 10 min or so. Honestly, our biggest complaint is the industrial area and the tracks being so close. We've been here exactly a year now and haven't had any problems. People let their kids play out all the time. And the city guidelines (or whatever they call them) don't make any sense. Within a 1-3 block radius you have Brighton, Commerce City and Henderson. That part I don't get.

If you're just renting and looking to reduce commute times, I'd say go for it. We found rent to be a bit cheaper (not much tho--we're still paying $1100 for a 3 bedroom house) than other areas.

We have 2 young kids and safety was our number one concern. If you have kids, they're as safe here as anywhere I supposed, but if your kids are school aged, you might want to reconsider. The schools here aren't the greatest . .highest rating for elementary is a 3-4 out of 10 according to Greatschools.

Hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver