U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 09:43 PM

34 posts, read 137,794 times

Advertisements

Getting ready to move up to Conifer from Highlands Ranch and have a couple of questions about TV/Internet/Phone

1. TV choices: I only want/care about the networks - Fox, CBS, NBC, ABC. Don't care about any other channels. Is there a way to get the networks in HD without getting Satellite TV?

2. I understand that Wispertel/Skybeam is the only game in town for high-speed Internet. I think Qwest is there but I need really, really fast upload speeds. The things I have read about Wispertel/Skybeam are negative, but from many years ago. Are they still having the customer service issues of the past (two years ago)

3. Phone: Qwest the only provider?

Thanks,

B
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 12:15 PM

345 posts, read 579,084 times
Define really fast upload speeds.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:04 PM

I would like to consistently get 400k per second uploading. I know that Skybeam claims 2MB/sec uploads.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:04 PM

My company has skybeam at one of our small remote offices. I haven't heard any complaints. I think they have their 3mb/sec speed at that location.

Will your home have wireless (meaning cell phone) service of any kind?

Old 11-03-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximusmgm View Post
My company has skybeam at one of our small remote offices. I haven't heard any complaints. I think they have their 3mb/sec speed at that location.

Will your home have wireless (meaning cell phone) service of any kind?
It will have cell phone service there. We are photographers so we upload our images, 72,000 per year on average, to an off-site storage area. So we need something that is fast (400k per second) to make uploading efficient.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:14 PM

Verizon will be coming out with a new network that will run 7-12mb/sec down and 3-5mb/sec up. I'm not sure if they will cover Conifer right away, but I know Denver is on the list of first cities to see the new network. I've heard of launch dates as early is first quarter next year.

I have Qwest DSL at home and get 700k up (its the same speed for uploads regardless of how fast your download speed is).

Old 11-03-2009, 05:17 PM

Do you have Qwest in Conifer? Their website only says that you can get "up to" 896k uploads with the service that they offer for $19 per month. This is the only service that they say is available to my residence in Conifer.

Is that the service you have?

Old 11-03-2009, 05:20 PM

I'm in the tech center and have the up to 896k upload service. Real world I get about 700k up. This has been the case at four different places I've lived at in two states.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:26 PM

I think that I am going to hook up with Qwest first and see what I get. If I get over 400k up, then I will be super happy and it will only be $19 per month.

If not, I will probably try Skybeam's high speed version.

Thanks for your help!

Old 11-03-2010, 03:14 PM

4 posts, read 6,704 times
I live in Conifer and yes, Qwest is the only phone service. We use them for internet also and bundled our direct tv with them. It is very hard to get TV service up here, so you will most likely have to get satellite TV. Good luck with your move and welcome to the foothills!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver