Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2009, 04:18 PM

4 posts, read 7,313 times

Advertisements

Hi guys

I am from Switzerland and I was on a road trip in the USA during July 2009. During this trip I just fell in love with Colorado and the City of Denver. I am now thinking about attending a language school for about 3 months during summer 2010. My mother tongue is German and I’d like to improve my English skills and live with a host family in the area of Denver.

In the internet I found a language school called Bridge-Linguatec, 915 S. Colorado Blvd., Denver, CO 80246. Does anybody know this school? Can you recommend it to me? Or do you know any other language school in the area of Denver? In the internet everything sounds very good but in fact I don’t know if everything is as great as it seems to be…so that’s why I try to get some insider information.

Would be great if anybody could help me

Many thanks & kind regards from Switzerland

Daniela
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 08:14 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,168,834 times
I'm an American ESL teacher, who taught at Bridge-Linguatec in Sao Paulo Brazil about ten years ago.

I am unsure if the school has changed their teaching techniques. But I recall, in Sao Paulo anyways, ten years ago, they preferred that the teachers taught using DVDs of popular movies, that generally had a business theme. (I am unsure if it because it was more for business purposes in Sao Paulo, or it was the same way throughout all of Bridge-Linguatec). But nontheless....we taught through DVDs.

Basically we'd play a little bit of the movie, then follow through with the script and practice pronounciation, meaning, etc.

Perhaps the teaching style or technique has evolved or changed differently. I always remember that the main office of Bridge-Linguatec was in Colorado though. Same company, I was just teaching in Brazil though.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:27 AM

4 posts, read 7,313 times
Thank you so much for your answer! Ok, I don't know what it's like to be teached a language with movies but it sounds not bad, maybe that's a good way to improve my English. For me the most important thing it to practice speaking and I want to "learn" the American accent and not the British one...I don't like the British accent that much.

Would be great if someone else could tell me something about Bridge-Linguatec or other language schools in the Denver area. Or can anybody tell me something about the region where Bridge-Linguatec is located (915 S. Colorado Blvd., Denver, CO 80246)? It looks like it's near or even in Glendale..is this a nice area? Is it far away from downtown?

Yeah..finally it's evening now here in Switzerland
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: