Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 12:45 PM

4 posts, read 11,225 times

Advertisements

Looking for a good rental home search engine. Will be moving to the Denver area at the end of the year!!! Thanks for suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 02:36 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
no such animal. rentals are posted here and there.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:56 PM

207 posts, read 480,831 times
Padmapper.com solves all the problems that craigslist has. Try it, it works.

Unfortunately, CL is pressuring sites like this to cease and desist.

I think CL is currently writing code to make their data more searchable, but in the meantime padmapper has a chance to usurp CL for apartment search nationwide if small landlords will just start migrating there.

For rentals, CL is an unsearchable cesspool of unfilterable spam, phishing, and overposting. Per legal precedent, they don't have a right to stop others from reposting their facts, but no one has the guts to fight them.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:07 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
We could put CL out of the rental business if local MLS agencies would list rentals on their sites AND if landlords used it. Both Realtor.com and our local COLO SPGS version (ppar.com) have rentals listed but I doubt if it's anywhere near comprehensive of the local market, and I'm not sure realtor.com has rentals for all of the major markets nationwide. I think this would largely do away with the phishing and scams.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:41 PM

207 posts, read 480,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
We could put CL out of the rental business if local MLS agencies would list rentals on their sites AND if landlords used it. Both Realtor.com and our local COLO SPGS version (ppar.com) have rentals listed but I doubt if it's anywhere near comprehensive of the local market, and I'm not sure realtor.com has rentals for all of the major markets nationwide. I think this would largely do away with the phishing and scams.
Craigslist is still the only game in town for almost all cities. But users of padmapper and padlister love them because the higher quality data saves them HOURS. The reason we are such fans of PM is that it pulls listings off CL in real time and sticks them on a map. The realtor sites have a long way to go to achieve usability, and then they will need the data, which currently only originates on CL.

Here's 400 testimonials: Bye Bye Craigslist :-(

Here's the new trouble coming for padmapper: PadMapper’s Not The Only One With Legal Heat From Craigslist: Others Getting C&D’s, Too [Updated] | TechCrunch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver