U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:34 AM

16 posts, read 9,721 times

Advertisements

We are pretty open, really, in repsect to which area we live in. Neither of us have to commute, the only thing we need to worry is ability to get to the airport ( I know LIttleton is on the other side but we like it) and good schools.

can anyone tell me the best places to look for a rental house? We want a newer single family, 3 + bedrooms and would prefer a basement.
Would prefer to stay around the $1500/month range
We have tried craigslist but have found some that seem pretty sketchy to me.

Does anyone know of a reputable company that does rentals?
Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 07:54 AM

137 posts, read 405,359 times
No suggestions on rental companies but I would chose Littleton over South Aurora if schools are a factor.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:57 AM

291 posts, read 787,644 times
You might try the Denver Post on line classifieds. There really isn't a dedicated home rental site. You could try property managers but all they have is the properties listed with each company, and there's a ton of companies. Here's a better idea. Advertise yourselves as ideal tenants. Set up a Google web sit where you can list all the reasons why you would be perfect tenants, than use that site in your add to cut down on cost. Make sure to list referrences, credit scores, job history, and job stability. Landlords hate to go through the rental qualifying process, so if they can have one lined up, that's quality, they'll be all over you.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:20 PM

Um, I don't think I would want all of that information out there for anyone to see? I would try the paper and try googling for a few property management companies. Yes their supply will be limited to whom they represent but if you rent from them, you get the reputation and services they offer! Try Highlands Ranch-- there seems to be quite a few rental signs out there-- not sure of the price range though.

Old 11-11-2009, 01:48 PM

345 posts, read 849,535 times
You might also consider Centennial in your searches.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:00 PM

2,212 posts, read 4,495,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALGAL222 View Post
No suggestions on rental companies but I would chose Littleton over South Aurora if schools are a factor.
Southeast Aurora is in the Cherry Creek School District. Very few districts are better (but you have to check the boundaries map).

Centennial and SE Aurora are basically the same. Look off of the C-470 and Smoky Hill. There are a few places to rent in my subdivision (called Saddle Rock Ridge). The subdivision is HUGE. I've seen a few places for rent while walking the dog...none of them are represented by an actual company...just have "for rent" signs in front. Best advice...drive out here and drive through the neighborhoods. You'll be in the Cherry Creek School District, close to the airport (my husband works at DIA), near a great shopping area, and it's a well maintained area with pretty diverse, friendly neighbors.

There are great neighborhoods all off of Smoky Hill. Many of them are in Centennial. Drive down Smoky Hill Rd and you'll first get to Saddle Rock and Saddle Rock Ridge. Take a left on Liverpool and you'll find yourself in another great area near Grandview High School (nice subdivision called The Farm). Get back on Smoky Hill and take a left on Orchard and you'll find a subdivision called "Tuscany" that is very nice and has a community area with a pool. All of these neighborhoods are in the Cherry Creek School District and you don't have to do much research to find that it's a great one. And the residents live in the district for a reason...proof of which was a recent school bond election that was passed, despite the tough economy (many others didn't get passed). None are more than 30 minutes (from your driveway to the terminal of DIA). It's on a toll road but trust me, once you live out here for a few weeks, you'll find all the backroads (which are wide, fast and convenient), so you'll only use the toll road to get to DIA. No big deal...get a transponder and pay once a month.

Last edited by the3Ds; 11-14-2009 at 05:09 PM..

Old 11-14-2009, 11:43 PM

345 posts, read 849,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Centennial and SE Aurora are basically the same.
True for Eastern Centennial. Not so much for Western Centennial. The two areas have a different feel.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:49 AM

2,212 posts, read 4,495,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximusmgm View Post
True for Eastern Centennial. Not so much for Western Centennial. The two areas have a different feel.
You're probably right...my only point is that people have a general impression when you say "Aurora" that does not apply in the case of SE Aurora. Most people who know the city of Centennial think it's a nice one and I was just trying to explain that unless you know the boundaries map, when you cross over into Centennial from SE Aurora, you'd have no idea. If you go left out of my neighborhood, you're in Aurora. Make a right and you're in Centennial. The only difference is the street signs.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:09 PM

16 posts, read 9,721 times
Thank you everyone!

We finally did find a place in SE Aurora. In the "Encore at Seven Hills".

It isnt exactly where we wanted to be but we are hopeful that we can make it work I checked the crime stats in the area and it appears to be ok. All in all it was a large house, which was high on our lists, and in the CC school district.

Thanks again for all the help!

Old 11-16-2009, 01:04 PM

Congrats on finding a place-- when is the big move?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or