U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-24-2009, 01:51 PM
 
15 posts, read 24,214 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Ummm......what did you expect?

Unless you are using some alternative form of heating, and you don't live in a palace, your electric/gas bill shouldn't be too bad.
It's like what the OP said. The winter weather in Denver this season is really, really, really cold and snowy. I mean it's 13 degrees outside right now. And the next 7 days is no better. This means more money to heat my home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-24-2009, 07:31 PM
 
Location: Arvada, CO
13,227 posts, read 24,308,543 times
Reputation: 12937
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRlz View Post
It's like what the OP said. The winter weather in Denver this season is really, really, really cold and snowy. I mean it's 13 degrees outside right now. And the next 7 days is no better. This means more money to heat my home.
Um, really, this isn't too bad. And you had to know you'd have heating costs (IMO electric/gas costs aren't much worse than CA, for example) before you moved here.

I guess it would depend on your perspective. Winter just started on Monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2009, 05:45 AM
 
Location: Loving the Baker Hood!!
380 posts, read 1,133,071 times
Reputation: 138
I can see heating bills being quite high right now. I am from Wyoming and usually really enjoy winter but these cold snaps have been too much even for me. Maybe try living mostly in one or two rooms during the cold spells so you don't have to heat the whole house as much. Merry Christmas everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2009, 06:16 PM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 23,209,335 times
Reputation: 10428
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_koolkat View Post
I can see heating bills being quite high right now. I am from Wyoming and usually really enjoy winter but these cold snaps have been too much even for me. Maybe try living mostly in one or two rooms during the cold spells so you don't have to heat the whole house as much. Merry Christmas everyone!
I just got a $210 Xcel bill! Our house is 2100 sq. feet plus heating a family room in the basement. And someone is home almost all the time, so we can't have it go way down during the day. Usually we get a bill in October that's around $90, but not this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2009, 08:08 PM
 
Location: here
24,839 posts, read 29,969,906 times
Reputation: 32387
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
My sympathies.
But a white Christmas is nice, only had a few of those when I lived in Denver.
Every place is a trade-off.
Just think about me running my AC all last summer, well into the fall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I just got a $210 Xcel bill! Our house is 2100 sq. feet plus heating a family room in the basement. And someone is home almost all the time, so we can't have it go way down during the day. Usually we get a bill in October that's around $90, but not this year.
yep, a trade off. In our 1970's house in the Central Valley of California our AC ran 24/7 sometimes in the summer and bills were up to about $600/month! Our last utility bill in Denver for a 2050 sf house was $200. That is the highest since we've been here, I think (2.5 years).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2009, 01:53 AM
 
Location: Colorado
2,561 posts, read 5,007,533 times
Reputation: 2223
Denver is a cold and terrible waste land..my Chamber of Commerce work here is done..Don't need any more baggage moving in.Oh ya and there are man eating bears roaming the streets too. Move to Denver and simply step into hell. Hows that.and fyi Boulder is closed nine months out of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:27 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top