U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-07-2009, 06:37 PM
 
13 posts, read 24,414 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

I recently decided i needed a change from the simple, midwestern life i am accustomed to (KC). After scouting out a few cities, Denver landed on my list and i'm seriously thinking about moving there. I am 24 and have a little over a year of professional administrative/accounting experience and a college degree in business.

I'm not looking to make millions where ever i do end up, but think my skills can pull in around 35-50k.

Also, I am single, i love to go out on weekends, and a huge reason i am considering denver is the endless amount of outdoor activities and sports that are available year round.

I really am just looking for some advice. Is denver a good singles city? What are the best neighborhoods for a single guy? Would it be fairly easy to find a job in the business field? And what is with all the "Menver" threads? Is the city really overpopulated with over protective guys and semi - attractive women? Or are these threads posted by the guy thats too cool to see past statsiticts, and in reality just needs to grow a pair?

Please send me some feedback - good or bad

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-07-2009, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
1,627 posts, read 3,709,472 times
Reputation: 1778
Regarding the "Menver" thing, I don't know how many of those ladies are spoken for, but they are some of the most beautiful women in the country IMHO. Both times I've been there this year it seemed like there were beautiful women everywhere. I'm a spoken for gent, however, and so had no need to investigate the specifics of the matter, but if a guy can't get a date in Denver then it may not be the fault of statistics.

If we were to blame stats, couldn't we argue that Denver women are just too intelligent for most guys? =P =) Just sayin...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2009, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Denver; Sloan's Lake
75 posts, read 179,411 times
Reputation: 55
Denver is a very good city for finding single professional women. No, not that kind of professional. At least as good if not probably better than KC. Get a place downtown, go out to the bars, chase tail, and enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2009, 11:38 AM
 
2 posts, read 4,112 times
Reputation: 10
Default Don't move to Denver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teaminsane View Post
I recently decided i needed a change from the simple, midwestern life i am accustomed to (KC). After scouting out a few cities, Denver landed on my list and i'm seriously thinking about moving there. I am 24 and have a little over a year of professional administrative/accounting experience and a college degree in business.

I'm not looking to make millions where ever i do end up, but think my skills can pull in around 35-50k.

Also, I am single, i love to go out on weekends, and a huge reason i am considering denver is the endless amount of outdoor activities and sports that are available year round.

I really am just looking for some advice. Is denver a good singles city? What are the best neighborhoods for a single guy? Would it be fairly easy to find a job in the business field? And what is with all the "Menver" threads? Is the city really overpopulated with over protective guys and semi - attractive women? Or are these threads posted by the guy thats too cool to see past statsiticts, and in reality just needs to grow a pair?

Please send me some feedback - good or bad

Thanks!!
****************

Hello I am a native Texan~
Hello,
I am living in Colorado Springs but originally from Montgomery, Texas .... just outside of Houston. Your are absolutely right cost of living is very high here compared to Texas and there are very few jobs. My home in Montgomery was small but sold at $115,000. That same home here is $300,000. There is NO SAUSAGE up here if you like Chapel Hill. If you thought driving in the rain was hard on bad days in Texas....well up here driving in the snow is a 7 month ordeal and very very scary. I have a 4x4 and can dig myself out of snow but I slide like everyone else. People don't wave here when you get on the freeway, they barely say hello when you pass them on a sidewalk, you need a separate insurance policy for your windshield....turning on your defroster can crack you windshield. My license tags for my truck (2008) is $650.00 a year here and $60.00 in Texas. But .... it is beautiful... and that is it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 10:15 AM
 
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
5,676 posts, read 9,415,476 times
Reputation: 2896
Colorado women are very attractive, don't worry about that. The main thing about the Menver stuff is that the impression is that there are more single men than women. I don't know if statistics back it up, but that's the impression. Also this is an "outdoors" culture. I mean there's a lot of women doing it but probably more guys are into it.

For neighborhoods I'd personally recommend the ones immediately west of downtown and also Washington Park. You're not going to want to live much farther away from downtown cuz then you get into the BORING neighborhoods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teaminsane View Post
I recently decided i needed a change from the simple, midwestern life i am accustomed to (KC). After scouting out a few cities, Denver landed on my list and i'm seriously thinking about moving there. I am 24 and have a little over a year of professional administrative/accounting experience and a college degree in business.

I'm not looking to make millions where ever i do end up, but think my skills can pull in around 35-50k.

Also, I am single, i love to go out on weekends, and a huge reason i am considering denver is the endless amount of outdoor activities and sports that are available year round.

I really am just looking for some advice. Is denver a good singles city? What are the best neighborhoods for a single guy? Would it be fairly easy to find a job in the business field? And what is with all the "Menver" threads? Is the city really overpopulated with over protective guys and semi - attractive women? Or are these threads posted by the guy thats too cool to see past statsiticts, and in reality just needs to grow a pair?

Please send me some feedback - good or bad

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
5,676 posts, read 9,415,476 times
Reputation: 2896
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkonami View Post
I don't know how many of those ladies are spoken for, but they are some of the most beautiful women in the country IMHO.
Very beautiful no doubt about it. Maybe the outdoors culture has a lot to do with it? Healthy, exercise, sports, skiing, I dont know. Even where I'm in BFE that's true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Napa, CA
151 posts, read 356,124 times
Reputation: 113
I think a lot of this talk of women be significantly better looking in one region of the country versus another is just that...talk. Though perhaps there's something to be said for looking at how physically active and fit certain places tend to be. To that end, Denver is one of the fittest places in the country. So perhaps on those grounds alone you could argue that women here are more appealing than the norm.

I think you'd be happiest in Capitol Hill...Honestly, Wash Park to me is more 30s'ish recently married couples and older empty nesters. Maybe the Highlands too, if you could rent a condo or part of a house there or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 02:23 PM
 
Location: Centennial
40 posts, read 69,521 times
Reputation: 21
I do Agree Capitol Hill, the Highlands, Sunny Side, Some parts of Washinton Park, Riverfront Park Some areas in Lodo...
If you like outdoors activities this is the best place to be.
Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Denver, CO
1,627 posts, read 3,709,472 times
Reputation: 1778
Quote:
Originally Posted by FentonForche View Post
I think a lot of this talk of women be significantly better looking in one region of the country versus another is just that...talk. Though perhaps there's something to be said for looking at how physically active and fit certain places tend to be. To that end, Denver is one of the fittest places in the country. So perhaps on those grounds alone you could argue that women here are more appealing than the norm.
I'll just go on record as saying that the women in Colorado are better looking than the norm TO ME. My brother and I had a discussion about it recently, having spent time in Phoenix, L.A., Las Vegas and Denver, we agreed that we appreciated Denver women the most. It just seemed like a combination of fitness, intelligence and class. Not saying there aren't out of shape, dumb, trashy women in the area...just saying that compared to other cities, we didn't really notice them.

I digress...in our PC times, this may be bordering on misogynistic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2009, 10:09 PM
 
3,605 posts, read 5,036,401 times
Reputation: 3348
There's much talk about the Denver dating scene here, and where to live. But I think the OP's biggest problem is going to be getting a job that pays. That's why I'm not moving back. I have a job where I am, and so it would be far to risky to quit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:20 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top