U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-14-2009, 02:00 PM

2,369 posts, read 4,511,933 times

Advertisements

Okay, I might move up to Denver next year for community college. I was just wondering what would be a cheap apartment complex to live in, somewhere near Colfax? And how is the job market up there, like minumum wage jobs? I haven't really been able to find one down here in the Springs, so thats why im maybe moving to Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 09:12 PM

9,311 posts, read 12,485,541 times
Dude, you don't need to live in/near 'the hood' to get a cheap apartment here.

Cheap apartments can be found just about everywhere. Pick a college, and find a cheapo nearby.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:03 AM

2,369 posts, read 4,511,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Dude, you don't need to live in/near 'the hood' to get a cheap apartment here.

Cheap apartments can be found just about everywhere. Pick a college, and find a cheapo nearby.
I'd love to live near downtown Denver, but I highly doubt I could get a one bedroom apartment for $400 dollars or less.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
I'd love to live near downtown Denver, but I highly doubt I could get a one bedroom apartment for $400 dollars or less.
True.

If you plan on living anywhere up here (on your own), you'll need to bump that up to at least $600, and then account for utilities and any other living costs.

You can always go to downtown anytime you want, you don't have to live near there to experience it.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:20 PM

151 posts, read 252,970 times
If that's your budget, you should probably look to renting a room in a shared housing situation. And stay off Colfax.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:59 AM

24 posts, read 39,781 times
Default 719 to 303

I'm also looking into moving to Denver from the Springs.

I was looking into the Capital Hill or the West Colfax Near Sun Valley.

I will be graduating this summer with a associates in Architecture and I figured most of the Architects offices will be in the Downtown area. I don't have a vehicle, so I'm dependent on bikes and public transit.

I also enjoy the metal scene, so I wanted to be near the Fillmore, The Ogden, the Church, Witches Brew. Which would place Capital hill on my top list. What places do you recommend with the 500-600 budget?

Old 02-04-2010, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTomness View Post
What places do you recommend with the 500-600 budget?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTomness View Post
West Colfax Near Sun Valley.
Not there so much.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:37 AM

23 posts, read 50,419 times
Quote:
f that's your budget, you should probably look to renting a room in a shared housing situation. And stay off Colfax.
Why stay off Colfax? There are many great places to live and visit along Colfax. In his desired price range he can likely find a studio in the areas between Grant and Humbolt and Colfax and 12th or so.

I can't think of anywhere better for a person in their 20's to live but as close to Colfax as possible between the Capital and Colorado Blvd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver