Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 04:08 PM

25 posts, read 70,487 times

Advertisements

I see there Sbarro Pizzeria in Denver. Did you try them? Sbarro has very good pizza in NY. If taste is not the same, then it's definitely the water issue :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 08:14 PM

618 posts, read 1,366,093 times
Pizza - Virgilio's in Lakewood (Italian owner from Hartford, CT) and Marco's Coal-Fired Pizza in LoDo(authentic Napoletana)

Chinese - Star Kitchen for Dim Sum and seafood and JJ Chinese Restaurant for "real" Chinese. Great Wall claims to be New York style Chinese.

Other must try restaurants:

Pho 95, simply the best pho in Colorado
Tarasco's New Latino Cuisine, awesome mole and other regional flavors from Southern Mexico
El Paraiso, best overall mex food
Los Carboncitos, incredible tacos al pastor and amazing salsa
Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dog Stand, no restaurant, but some of the best street food in Denver. Anthony Bourdain visited Biker Jim last month
Gastro Cart (18th & Champa), really creative sandwiches, tacos and other handheld food items.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:39 PM

40 posts, read 79,753 times
Chinese : Heaven Dragon they are in Thornton the food is very good and worth going the prices are very reasonable you can check their website.www.heavendragonco.com's home (http://www.heavendragonco.com/aboutus.asp - broken link) quote"favorite of some of the most powerful local and state politicians: Governor owens,Sen. Wayne Allard, U.S. Reps mark Udall and Bob Beauprez,Thornton mayor noel busck and even president bush, who ordered takeout when he was in town"
Italian : Cuccina Calore in Denver www.cucinacolore.com

And Pizza I had not got a change to find the plece I can recomend.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:01 PM

137 posts, read 429,074 times
I've never had pizza in NYC city but I tried this place the other night. Was excellent. I can't tell you it tastes the same as pizza in NYC but it's definitely worth a try. Only a couple bucks a slice (and a slice being the size of a whole, small, pizza.)

Benny Blanco's Slice of the Bronx - Southwest - Denver, CO

Old 12-21-2009, 09:55 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,482,476 times
Quote:
Pho 95, simply the best pho in Colorado
That is a terrible -- terrible -- terrible pho joint. Someone recommended it and we gave it the three chances. Each and every experience was worse than the previous.

Denver has no NY like pizza. It is in the water. Perhaps Two fisted Marios they have good dough anyway.

The above mention of the Chinese Joint Heaven's Dragon. ****ty Chinese food to be generous. That guy is in prison or soon to be as the result of the largest weed bust in metro history. Yes, many politicians ate there -- because he donated enough money to overcome his ****ty food.

The rest of the places I can't really say -- I don't frequent strip malls in search of food. I would say you should avoid the "gastro-cart" downtown -- and any cart for that matter as the health department frequents them about as often as a vegas hooker does the doctors office.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:09 AM

123 posts, read 551,412 times
As a NY pizza lover and former Coloradan, I'd suggest Sauce in the DTC and Il Vicino's in Denver & Littleton. While both are not true NY pizza, they are thin crust and excellent, and highly recomend giving them a try.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:27 AM

4 posts, read 8,509 times
BobbyDigital, to help gauge what your tastes are before I make any specific recs, what are some of your favorite restaurants in NY and what are some recommendations you have received in CO which you have not enjoyed? I had a problem with poor recs from co-workers and such when moving here initially too, but have found many places I enjoy in the ten years since. I think the dining scene has improved leaps and bounds in that time.

You might try looking at the Café Society blog on Westword for ideas: Denver Restaurants and Dining - Cafe Society - Westword
A couple of local magazines with dining sections are Denver Magazine and 5280.
A food writer friend of mine who moved here from Boston and loves everything from dive bars to white tablecloth dining has a blog with many dining ideas: Denveater

(I apologize that I've tried editing the URLs and can't get them to be inserted as clickable links. I don't see an option for Insert Link or URL here...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver