U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 01:46 PM

20,844 posts, read 39,064,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
... we're not looking for a late dinner where we'll see the midnight hour ... Brian
Good move. Same here. Old pro's in the hospitality industry refer to New Year's Eve as "Amateur's Night Out."
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 01:46 PM

151 posts, read 356,198 times
Something that will qualify you as a local? Rocky Mountain Oysters at The Fort.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:18 PM

345 posts, read 869,468 times
The Buckhorn Exchange maybe?

Old 12-15-2009, 04:16 PM

2,591 posts, read 5,988,228 times
If you're willing to drive to Boulder, Flagstaff House. It's very romantic, gorgeous views, quite expensive. Reservations essential for New Years.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:27 PM

30 posts, read 108,255 times
The Med in Boulder! Delish!!!

Old 12-17-2009, 10:59 AM

4,308 posts, read 11,776,739 times
Well, if we're going as far north as Boulder I would suggest The Greenbriar Inn on Foothills Parkway. Great food and fabulous service. Colterra in Niwot is pretty good and I am a huge fan of Sugarbeet in Longmont.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:17 PM

2,970 posts, read 6,258,679 times
The Keg Steakhouse, Venice Restaurant, Duo, Gumbo's, Fogo de Chao, Vesta Dipping Grill, Sushi Den, Izakya Den, Jax, Capital Grille, TAG, etc.

There are tons of places you could go!!

Old 12-17-2009, 05:06 PM

4,431 posts, read 7,128,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
The Keg Steakhouse, Venice Restaurant, Duo, Gumbo's, Fogo de Chao, Vesta Dipping Grill, Sushi Den, Izakya Den, Jax, Capital Grille, TAG, etc.

There are tons of places you could go!!
You say that like someone who's lived in Denver for 3 months should automatically know all about the options. I don't. Heck, this will be one of about 3 times a year we eat out.

But thank you for the list... actually, thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm looking at all of them. Since we usually eat early (5pm, 6 if we Must wait), and know that most restaurants are Dead when they open the doors, I'm not too worried about getting in.

Brian

Old 12-18-2009, 10:33 AM

1,331 posts, read 4,519,086 times
I used to go to Simms Landing (on 6th & Simms) for special nights out.
I hear it is called Simms Steakhouse now. It has the best view anywhere!
Nice place!!!

Old 12-18-2009, 11:00 AM

5,090 posts, read 13,514,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Good move. Same here. Old pro's in the hospitality industry refer to New Year's Eve as "Amateur's Night Out."
That is a big hidden truth. I think going out on New Year's Eve is not the greatest time to dine. Take it from me who has worked numerous times for parties, banquets, restaurants and events. The food and the service is not the best because everyone is rushed and under tension.

Going out on New Year's Eve??? I put that holiday in the same category as St. Patrick's Day--too many drunks, too dangerous on the roads. The best idea if you have such a need to say you "celebrated" New Year's is to rent a room in a hotel and eat there, and walk to bed in safety, get up, get a great hotel breakfast--there are many packages available.

Now that I am retired, I will stay home and enjoy the evening, safely and quietly. I may watch "Guy Lombardo and the Royal Canadians"--Ah, I think I am dating myself...well, he is long gone...It does not matter since I will be asleep when the ball drops in Times Square...

Livecontent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver