U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 08:05 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,496,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
It really depends on what you like and where you'll be working. The northern part of Parker is very suburban and just a hop, skip, jump from the DTC, which is the site of many tech employers. The southern portion is more rural.

Do you have school-age kids? Before you commit to Parker (or Highlands Ranch or Castle Rock or Lone Tree), be sure to take a close look at Douglas County Schools. While a well-regarded district with an excellent academic record, they are currently trying to turn around a huge budget deficit (as are many metro area districts), and it's requiring some unpopular cost-cutting measures, like charging $.50/ride for bus transportation. Forewarned is forearmed.
Is that addressed to me??

Let me tell you how Parker came on my radar. It was an otherwise depressing place to me, but my friend invited me to lunch at his home. They have daughters and treated me like a son. Too much love that I choked. They are Indian too and somewhat aged, over 50.

The gentleman walked me around his house that I fell in love with. Amazing views, unbeatable backyard with a fence. He said it was around 500K. The area is called the meridian commons I believe.

I don't even know if I will stay in CO that long, but I might. And the prospective Mrs Chamataka owns a pit bull (Yes, I fail the Chamataka Vs pit bull love test LMAO ) There was a website that said pit bulls are allowed. But google has other articles where it flatly says Parker is considering a breed ban (dated 2008 or something)

And the Indian man was convincing me to buy a home in the neighbourhood, where he claims several unemployed folks are desperate to sell. I'm licking my lips. If not for the pit bull, it's fair game for me. Too close to my work in the tech center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 08:06 PM

299 posts, read 629,247 times
A lot of people don't care for places like that, although some of those words can be kind of strong. There are people who like suburbs and wouldn't live anywhere else, and there are those who want the opposite. Even as a city dweller it's not hard to admit that many people who live in the cities have a contempt for the suburbs! To each his own

Old 05-27-2010, 08:15 PM

5,748 posts, read 10,746,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
No, it was a general response to the OP. Sorry for the confusion. I have absolutely no idea about Pit Bulls.

Sounds like Parker is a good fit for you. I agree about the views. It's one of the things I miss about living in Castle Rock. The front range on a clear day was unbelievably gorgeous.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:18 PM

21,853 posts, read 23,091,654 times
AC I believe is already in the 'burbs.....Parker would be just a tad south. I do not think that Parker has any BSL. I'd imagine you could call the Town of Parker tomorrow or Tuesday and find out.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
No, it was a general response to the OP. Sorry for the confusion. I have absolutely no idea about Pit Bulls.

Sounds like Parker is a good fit for you. I agree about the views. It's one of the things I miss about living in Castle Rock. The front range on a clear day was unbelievably gorgeous.
Yes, it was. I stood there, landlocked for a few seconds. It was not even a view of the mountains, but it was high up that the entire rest of Parker and some other place (Denver itself???) in the entire view.

And the constructors have paid so much attention to balcony space and the backyard. That was a win for me

Old 05-27-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
AC I believe is already in the 'burbs.....Parker would be just a tad south. I do not think that Parker has any BSL. I'd imagine you could call the Town of Parker tomorrow or Tuesday and find out.
Thanks for the tip. I think I should do it.

Besides, I'm in an unsettling juncture at my life. I am negotiating with 2 jobs in california and one in the NY-DC area

And today I have second thoughts with regards to making CO my home. And suddenly this man took me lunching and those thoughts are taking precedence now. Flat out, my job sucks coz I work for a retarded company with cave man processes. But it's so easy going and not that insane like in the East coast. But there's always the fear of the mouse that got comfortable with its cheese factory.

When I was young, I was taught that the moment one feels comfortable in a job, it's danger. Career erosion. I'm leading a peaceful 9 to 5 life, no challenges, consistent salary, little scope of professional growth. In the coast, every day was a challenge But this is the ideal job to start a family. The constancy is amazing. So, I am torn.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:02 PM

299 posts, read 629,247 times
As you get older, you may like the 'constancy' more and more....

Old 05-27-2010, 09:29 PM

655 posts, read 1,805,402 times
Quote:

The gentleman walked me around his house that I fell in love with. Amazing views, unbeatable backyard with a fence. He said it was around 500K. The area is called the meridian commons I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
If it is Meridian Commons (south of Lincoln between I-25 and Parker Rd. roughly on Oswego/Peoria), then it's not located in Parker town limits so calling them won't give you the answer. It's located in unincorporated Douglas County and AFAIK they don't have any BSL. Surrounding that enclave of unincorporated area is Lone Tree, not Parker - you have to go further east to get to Parker.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilicheesefries View Post
If it is Meridian Commons (south of Lincoln between I-25 and Parker Rd. roughly on Oswego/Peoria), then it's not located in Parker town limits so calling them won't give you the answer. It's located in unincorporated Douglas County and AFAIK they don't have any BSL. Surrounding that enclave of unincorporated area is Lone Tree, not Parker - you have to go further east to get to Parker.

I can bet for sure Lone Tree has a breed ban

Who do we call for uninc. douglas county? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Old 05-27-2010, 09:42 PM

655 posts, read 1,805,402 times
Quote:

I can bet for sure Lone Tree has a breed ban

Who do we call for uninc. douglas county? Any thoughts? Thanks!
If it's the area I see referred to as Meridian Commons and is in fact unincorporated call the county main help line. This link shows the Douglas County dog resolutions - doesn't show BSL.
http://www.douglas.co.us/commissione.../R-098-100.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver