Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:35 AM

4,690 posts, read 10,414,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
The thing we have going on in Denver is, newcomers flock to the extreme inner and outer cores of the metro. It's either the hip and posh city neighborhoods or the furthest out suburbs. Has that always been the case?
Not all of us. My wife and I bought in Ruby Park (just west of SantaFe)... kinda right in the middle... 10 minutes from downtown, 20 from Golden, 40 from DIA.

And I don't know what you consider 'cheap/affordable', but getting away from the older homes in Denver city/county and the Quality of home (building itself) dropped substantially. There's no way we would have bought the homes in the under $200k (with a garage, we didn't look at Any homes without a garage since I'm a mechanic) in Wheat Ridge, Arvada, Westminster, Thorton, Littleton, Lakewood, etc... (we stayed mostly west of I25 because my wife thought she'd be employed in Golden). By far, the best home for the dollar (again, in terms of building quality) were all within Denver city limits ~ we found 3 we tried to buy and zero in all other areas/burbs. Some of the houses were downright Scary with the structural damage they showed.

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 12:26 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
... I think the biggest area that will see new redevelopment will be along the West Line Corridor of the Fastracks Commuter Rail Project. This line is now under construction and will be completed in 2013. You will notice that many lots have been cleared near Wadsworth and 13th for the station and you will see development along this area. It is just south of Sloan's Lake and we will see good development in Edgewater. I think Edgewater is starting to be discovered as it is close to the largest lakes in Denver, which has public access; Marston is bigger but is restricted. Edgewater also has nice small walkable business areas that can be really look good with some growth.

In addition, we will have the land available for a large project from the old St. Anthony site on West 17th, once the hospital relocates. We will see many developments along this commuter rail line and around the stations, as it runs along the Lakewood Gulch and Sanchez Park which would be ideal for new housing near the open space.

Livecontent
From 30+ years of watching how DC and suburbs redeveloped due to their Metro Subway (heavy rail) system, it's obvious that Denver will see massive changes along the emerging rail lines. Seen it all before. It's a good thing.

The message, especially to the younger generation, is to locate near a rail line as this will be key to mobility in the future, as well as high resale values someday.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:11 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,928,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
Not all of us. My wife and I bought in Ruby Park (just west of SantaFe)... kinda right in the middle... 10 minutes from downtown, 20 from Golden, 40 from DIA.

And I don't know what you consider 'cheap/affordable', but getting away from the older homes in Denver city/county and the Quality of home (building itself) dropped substantially. There's no way we would have bought the homes in the under $200k (with a garage, we didn't look at Any homes without a garage since I'm a mechanic) in Wheat Ridge, Arvada, Westminster, Thorton, Littleton, Lakewood, etc... (we stayed mostly west of I25 because my wife thought she'd be employed in Golden). By far, the best home for the dollar (again, in terms of building quality) were all within Denver city limits ~ we found 3 we tried to buy and zero in all other areas/burbs. Some of the houses were downright Scary with the structural damage they showed.

Brian
Yes, I am aware that you are the exception.

Cheap/affordable is most anything under $175K IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver