Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 10:29 AM

40 posts, read 79,344 times

Advertisements

I can say mabye 3 to 4 a year, and it all depends if you have an HOA wich some include snow removal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 11:02 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,024,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia M.M View Post
I can say mabye 3 to 4 a year, and it all depends if you have an HOA wich some include snow removal.
It also depends on what direction your house faces. On our side of the street, some never seem to shovel. On the other side of the street they have to or they get a lot of ice.

Coming from California where we had to mow the lawn year around, we just look at snow shoveling as a trade off. We don't have to mow here for about half the year.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:45 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,334,483 times
By law you (or HOA) have 24 hours to shovel the sidewalk so I would say 15-20 times a season? As for "have to" shovel to drive out just a few times or so per season. Most snow is not bad and I can always get out if I needed to without shoveling.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:49 PM

92 posts, read 264,737 times
I can understand keeping your sidewalks clean (though you DON"T own it) but, There is ALWAYS a damn law for EVERYTHING LOL... We would not know how to live if the government would not be telling us how to. Honestly, there are just too much regulation and tooooo many laws. We aren't free anymore, lol.... That is about paramount to telling one they had to pump their sidewalks clear of standing water due to heavy rains, lol in the south here.. Just being facetious here, lol Happy New Year to all!

Old 12-27-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureLuvr's View Post
I can understand keeping your sidewalks clean (though you DON"T own it) but, There is ALWAYS a damn law for EVERYTHING LOL... We would not know how to live if the government would not be telling us how to. Honestly, there are just too much regulation and tooooo many laws. We aren't free anymore, lol.... That is about paramount to telling one they had to pump their sidewalks clear of standing water due to heavy rains, lol in the south here.. Just being facetious here, lol Happy New Year to all!
well, it is annoying to be walking to the bus stop with 2 small kids and not have the sidewalk shoveled. Having an HOA reg doesn't always work, apparently. the mailbox also hardly ever gets shoveled, and is in a shady spot.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:34 PM

92 posts, read 264,737 times
Although we would certainly shovel the side walks, that would not be an issue for us as when we buy we will mostly likely be searching for a more rural location outside the city in close proximity to Denver minus the sidewalks.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Although we would certainly shovel the side walks, that would not be an issue for us as when we buy we will mostly likely be searching for a more rural location outside the city in close proximity to Denver minus the sidewalks.
I've seen lawn tractors with a snow plow on the front. Maybe people in rural areas have those.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:03 AM

2,185 posts, read 4,988,011 times
Snow blowers work great! I hope you all aren't actualy using a shovel? Where I used to live the city cleared the streets in the subdivision next to me but not ours. I forget what the reason was. But I couldn't get out of my area, yet the rest of the streets in the city were clear.

For weeks my neighbourhood would be icey and packed with snow making it miserable to get in and out.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:55 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,337,546 times
What's wrong with using a shovel?? Unless you have a really long driveway/sidewalk area or have health concerns, shovelling is great exercise and the snow here is typically more on the dry and fluffy side than the wet and heavy side....

Old 12-29-2009, 01:21 PM

360 posts, read 1,122,346 times
I hate to break it to you, but because society has lost its morales and now it's all about me, the government has to step in and protect the majority from the minority of us that choose not to act, or simply do the right thing based on the situation.

Example given, somebody not shoveling their sidewalks, not only for one storm but the entire season. They probably are renters and don't give a hoot, problem is the landlord didn't make sure it was done, still their responsibility.

Example two, new airline bomber, so the gov't has to react to the situation by implementing ridiculous new procedures including staying seated without anything on their lap for the last hour of an international flight. WHAT, are you kidding? Please, please people don't go to the john an hour out.....

Since nobody in this whole world wants to do the right thing, the rest of us will suffer with new laws.....hey, I never did text and drive, since everyone else did, now I can no longer do it if I need to?? What's that all about? LOL.

OH, Happy New Year!!

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver