U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 12:54 PM

137 posts, read 416,233 times

Advertisements

A house can easily sell for over the asking price due to multiple offers or if the buyer is having the seller "roll" closing costs, etc into the sales price which happens a lot with first time home buyers. We bought here 4 months ago and this was our third house we tried to purchase-- the first two houses that we made an offer on-- we were one of three people trying to buy the house! We had a great realtor who helped us keep our head in the game versus our hearts. We have a home we love and something you can't buy-- fabulous neighbors!

Last edited by VALGAL222; 01-04-2010 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: Doh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 01:48 PM

726 posts, read 1,866,050 times
I don't know how helpful this will be but we just relocated here within the past few months.
1) the person who posted the REcolorado website gave you the best internet tool for finding up to date listings. websites like realtor.com can be outdated most of the time or slower to get the most up to date listings which is crucial in the up to or around $200000 price range.

2) we moved here for my job (and a general desire to live here). We chose Broomfield due to its location between Denver and Boulder (15-20 min to both). We couldn't decide which we wanted to be closer to. Our area is pretty developed but with that being said I think what's the best about CO is that even in the developed areas there are still tons of open space parks and it doesn't really take long to "feel" like you're in a rural area.

3) the competition for houses under $200000 can be brutal. We must have seen about 50 houses, offered on about 6, outbid on 5 and a lot were under contract when we saw them. With that being said don't just rely on a realtor. I got so frustrated I refused to look at a house unless the realtor called the listing agent first to see if other offers were pending. Also I didn't wait for a realtor to show me a house if they weren't available I called the listing agent directly to see it pronto!

4) Although it may seem like I was a realtor's nightmare, realistically I just did most of the legwork for them, I know under $200 000 isn't big bucks for them so I didn't expect them to be working 24-7 for me but after I found the house the realtor was awesome in making sure we got a great deal, that the house was in good condition, etc. If you want his name I can give it to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or