U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-03-2010, 07:51 AM
 
Location: denver,co1
22 posts, read 34,623 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
I truly appreciate the excellent comments, suggestions and opinions that all of you have provided. Seems like I have to rethink on the lot size. However, the concept is that I need "elbow room" in the lot so that I am not sitting on top of my neighbour, if you know what I mean.

I certainly get the impression from all of your comments that finding the kind of house I am looking for will be tough to find but not impossible, and there are many choices of neighbourhoods with access to GV and downtown.

I intend to rent for a few months, even maybe a year, before I purchase property. So, I will have time to look around and feel comfortable about different neighbourhoods. I will ask for advice further when I am physically relocated to the Denver area from Ohio.

Again, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-03-2010, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
86,889 posts, read 102,319,187 times
Reputation: 32951
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish24 View Post
Hi everyone!
I truly appreciate the excellent comments, suggestions and opinions that all of you have provided. Seems like I have to rethink on the lot size. However, the concept is that I need "elbow room" in the lot so that I am not sitting on top of my neighbour, if you know what I mean.

I certainly get the impression from all of your comments that finding the kind of house I am looking for will be tough to find but not impossible, and there are many choices of neighbourhoods with access to GV and downtown.

I intend to rent for a few months, even maybe a year, before I purchase property. So, I will have time to look around and feel comfortable about different neighbourhoods. I will ask for advice further when I am physically relocated to the Denver area from Ohio.

Again, thank you.
I think you have a plan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2010, 10:24 AM
 
8,262 posts, read 26,271,337 times
Reputation: 4390
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish24 View Post
Hi everyone!
I truly appreciate the excellent comments, suggestions and opinions that all of you have provided. Seems like I have to rethink on the lot size. However, the concept is that I need "elbow room" in the lot so that I am not sitting on top of my neighbour, if you know what I mean.
Half acre lot is pretty big, it usually falls into the horse or estate property territory. However it is not hard to find suburban denver homes on quarter or third-acre lots, and they are very spacious compared to the typical 5-7500sf city lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2010, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
86,889 posts, read 102,319,187 times
Reputation: 32951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Half acre lot is pretty big, it usually falls into the horse or estate property territory. However it is not hard to find suburban denver homes on quarter or third-acre lots, and they are very spacious compared to the typical 5-7500sf city lot.
I would have to disagree with that. In most of the suburban cities, the lot size is just what you said, 5000-7000 sq. ft. I was reading an article in today's Boulder Daily Camera that the average lot size in Boulder is 7000 sf. My lot in Louisville is 8000 sf and considered large for this city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2010, 04:33 PM
 
8,262 posts, read 26,271,337 times
Reputation: 4390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I would have to disagree with that. In most of the suburban cities, the lot size is just what you said, 5000-7000 sq. ft. I was reading an article in today's Boulder Daily Camera that the average lot size in Boulder is 7000 sf. My lot in Louisville is 8000 sf and considered large for this city.
All I am saying, it's not hard to find .25+ acre if you are looking for it (Lakewood in particular), but to find .5 acre is much harder and you basically have to be outside the sprawl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top