U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-30-2010, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Parker, CO
24 posts, read 42,348 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

I'm doing my research for schools in the Denver metro are. I am hoping someone can clarify what cities correspond with which school districts. Here in AZ the school districts are related to the cities, i.e. Chandler school district, or Gilbert school district since we are all in one county--Maricopa county. I have heard Cherry Creek schools, Jefferson county schools, and Douglas county schools are good districts, but what cities are encompassed in those districts? Or is there a link out there that shows a district map?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 18 days ago)
 
Location: Just south of Denver since 1989
10,882 posts, read 29,307,638 times
Reputation: 7085
If you google them their websites will show you their details. Douglas and Jefferson incorporate their respective county. Denver is not all of Denver, and Cherry Creek is part Denver and part Arapahoe County, including Glendale which is surrounded by the City and County of Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 03:15 PM
 
Location: western Centennial, CO
655 posts, read 1,804,012 times
Reputation: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
If you google them their websites will show you their details. Douglas and Jefferson incorporate their respective county. Denver is not all of Denver, and Cherry Creek is part Denver and part Arapahoe County, including Glendale which is surrounded by the City and County of Denver.
I'm a little confused - I don't believe Cherry Creek School District is anywhere within city and county borders of Denver. Some Denver zip codes are in Cherry Creek SD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 18 days ago)
 
Location: Just south of Denver since 1989
10,882 posts, read 29,307,638 times
Reputation: 7085
Go to REColorado.com and check out listing number:
838673

Some mailing addresses/Zip Codes are Denver.

Plus, if you live close by or are willing to shuttle, you can open enroll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 04:38 PM
 
Location: RSM
5,113 posts, read 17,421,399 times
Reputation: 1892
The School Performance Maps website will put the schools on the map and you can verify from there.

When we were househunting we targeted the schools we wanted first and searched by zip code, then verified on the district website that it was the correct school if we found a house we really liked. Most of the districts are open enrollment too, so if you live within the district you can go to any school as long as it isn't full already and you meet the registration deadline(otherwise you attend your home school).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 06:23 PM
 
Location: western Centennial, CO
655 posts, read 1,804,012 times
Reputation: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bindenver View Post
Go to REColorado.com and check out listing number:
838673

Some mailing addresses/Zip Codes are Denver.

Plus, if you live close by or are willing to shuttle, you can open enroll.
Listing 838673 is in Arapahoe County (Holly Hills is surrounded by Denver). My confusion was saying it was in Denver and Arapahoe County. A lot of the unincorporated parts of ArapCo next to Denver have Denver addresses, including I believe Glendale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 09:47 PM
 
Location: here
24,839 posts, read 29,973,692 times
Reputation: 32387
I'm sure each district has a map on their web site. Douglas and Jefferson Counties are the County boundaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2010, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Parker, CO
24 posts, read 42,348 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
The School Performance Maps website will put the schools on the map and you can verify from there.

When we were househunting we targeted the schools we wanted first and searched by zip code, then verified on the district website that it was the correct school if we found a house we really liked. Most of the districts are open enrollment too, so if you live within the district you can go to any school as long as it isn't full already and you meet the registration deadline(otherwise you attend your home school).
Thank you. This website was very helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-31-2010, 09:52 PM
 
Location: Aurora, CO
304 posts, read 671,695 times
Reputation: 139
Moderator cut: sorry, no commercial real estate websites please...
Cherry Creek, Jefferson, and Douglas County school districts are definitely among the best in the area as far as test scores are concerned, and they are also among the most affluent districts. We live in the Cherry Creek District, which includes SE Aurora, most of Centennial, Greenwood Village, and Cherry Hills. We have been thrilled with the quality of our son's high school education. But there are also great schools represented in the other districts as well. A good resource to check out would be greatschools.net, which gives statistics for any school in the nation. Hope this helps! : )

Last edited by katzenfreund; 01-31-2010 at 10:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-01-2010, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Parker, CO
24 posts, read 42,348 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by shukertj View Post
Moderator cut: sorry, no commercial real estate websites please...
Cherry Creek, Jefferson, and Douglas County school districts are definitely among the best in the area as far as test scores are concerned, and they are also among the most affluent districts. We live in the Cherry Creek District, which includes SE Aurora, most of Centennial, Greenwood Village, and Cherry Hills. We have been thrilled with the quality of our son's high school education. But there are also great schools represented in the other districts as well. A good resource to check out would be greatschools.net, which gives statistics for any school in the nation. Hope this helps! : )
Thank you, that is helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:34 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top